• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where in a scape is c. helfri best suited?

Garuf

I'm about to start rescaping my 2foot tank but I don't know what to do with the c helfri, does it go best in the corners or centrally?
Any help?

I'm planning on doing a wall of stems behind some redmoor. I originally thought in the middle but I really don't know. It's bigger stuff than I thought. :?

If you're having a wall of stems, I would say in the corners. I've got it in my minds eye and it doesn't look right in the centre ;)

be daring with it. put a buch, maybe 7 indivudula plants in a spot on its own, maybe work to the rule of thirds. checkout amano's use of the stuff ;) he uses it VERY sparingly and in unusual places.

http://www.adaeuro.com/zoom.asp?foto=im ... jpg&descr=

you see, not allways in the back. theres another image i have but cant find on tinternet which is where is placment is just brilliant. takes balls, but amanos are massive :D

aaronnorth said:
on Saintly's first scape (300l iwagumi) he had it aacroos the whole length and it looked fine,

mixed in v nana too :D the nana took over in the end though.

I see what you mean with the first one. That does look good and clever thinking too.

To me the second just looks like a reet mess and the third very false, meaning looks handmade and not natural. I don't like that triangle at the front. It seems to be an attempt to do what the first scape did whilst failing miserably.

That first one is very good though. You tempted Gareth???

AC

SuperColey1 said:
To me the second just looks like a reet mess and the third very false
:lol: ay.... an old yorkshire lad at heart....

yeah, the second in a different vein to the others. more of a point giver than anything though. :D

i've notice mr TA keeps in the mid to forground for some reason. i think cus its a slow grower and would take an age to fill the back. nana is much quicker. anyhow i think c heferi is too bright to create a wall IMO

They're all really nice, I like the last one best though. It's very nice indeed. The use of the plant in the first one is very clever, not sure I could do something as good with the hardscape I have though.

:wideyed:

That last one reminds me of 2 things...........the second thing is the dodgy graphic display that comes on windows media player if you turn it on!!!!!!!!!

AC

Each to their own. I like the texture's best in the last one, the 1st one looks too flat.

Cheers saintly, it is only a 60cm tank you know? ;)
Don't suppose you have a CAU account I can use do you? I can't register for some reason.
I'm thinking of using it in the mid ground and trimming it I've a pretty good Idea on what I want, just gotta get the last few plants.

Back