• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy a new tank?

PMC

Seedling
Hi all. I’ve been looking around for a new tank without much luck. I’m interested in either an ADA 45p or similar in optiwhite/low iron. There’s nothing local to me in shops in/near Plymouth (rarely is), and the only place I can see that has one in stock is collection only. Obviously we’re in lockdown at present, and even if we weren’t it is realistically impractical to travel that far.

Buying blind online without knowing the build quality or supplier quality is nerve wracking. Quality is very important to me, and preferably not having to wait an age for it to be built as keen to get on.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Last edited:
Scaped nature have the 45p and will ship.

I don't know how the quality compares but I know a few on the forums use the Dennerle Scaper's Tanks, the 55l is roughly the same size, or the Superfish Scaper 45

Reactions: PMC
Thanks for the reply Nick. I did see the dennerle tank but the curved front corners aren’t for me. I’ll check out the super fish though.

Hi Tim, I do like the evolution aqua tanks but speaking with Emperor and looking online there isn’t much available after they sold to D&D.

Thought that might have been the case, but worth a mention at least.
It's a pita, but I guess between that, Brexit and Covid all out options have become limited at least for the time being :rolleyes:

Sadly I think you’re right. I’m looking for a tank but it’s not lost on me that I may not be able to source the plants to go in it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi, I was in the exact same situation couple weeks ago. Thank fully after some googling I manage to purchase both the tank and plants, please find the links below.
IGIST offers optiwhite tanks for a good price and they actually deliver themselves (I got the one in the link). I'm super happy with the quality, however you'd probably have to wait up to 2 weeks due to staffing issues (effects of the pandemic).
In terms of Java plants, I've I had a number of Tropica 1-2-Grow plants delivered in 2 days without any problems or unavailability.
Hope that helps!

Tank: 63L OptiWhite (60x30x35cm) 5mm
Plants: Aquarium Plants UK Online | Aquatic Plants UK & Ireland

Back