• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy a pico cube in the UK?

gregalon

Hello I have been reading the pico competition and I would like to set up a pico tank with an azoo mignon 60, some moss and plants, one or two landscape rocks and 2 cherry shrimp.
I have my plan but cannot find any good and cheap 20cm cubes? advice?
thanks

I have literally just this minute started my journal for a Do!aqua 20cm cube I got from The Green Machine. Have a look in the journals section. Yes they're expensive for what they are, but I like it :p You can probably pick up something similar at garden centers.

Alternatively, I have an AquaEl "shrimp kit" which is more or less 20cm cubed. Bit taller than 20 though. Mine was £50 from my local fish shop with light, filter, heater and shrimp food.

Tom

Dennerle do a 10l too but the price is somewhat more, superfish have a new one entering the market too. The aquaEl tanks are ver, very nice, if it weren't for getting a bargain price on a dennerle it would've been the way to go.
If you want a bare 20cm cube then garden centres ikea and tk max all do cheap ones or you can get one made via most LFS' for not very much.

Hi thanks yeah I was thinking of going with the plain crisp look with no heater and just a HOB. I could buy one of those inbuilt filter tanks with LED lighting and acrylic but its twenty pounds more and I'd prefer to spend it on other things.
I have a 30cm aquael cube and they are absolutely fantastic value for money (though I have upgraded the filter, heater and lighting ;). I will look into your suggestions and see if IKEA and TKMAX have the 20cm cubes.
regards.
greg

John lewis too! They're out there and very cheap all things considered.

Have you looked at Poseidon's Palace - their online calculator says an optiwhite 8in/20cm cube (with standard glass base - who looks through the bottom of their tank??!?!?!?!??) comes to £20, which seems very, very cheap to me!
http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/Poseidons_Aquariums/Rimless Aquariums.htm
I'm seriously considering a couple of these myself when funds allow (that won't be a while yet....) for a bank of shrimp tanks
Hope this helps!
Matt

I have mentioned it alot, but always check out the vase/floristry section in the department/Grocery store. You can find some very interesting cubes and tanks for under a tenner.
Tesco, Asda, Wilksinson, Range, John Lewis, United Footwear, Poundstretcher, Poundland, 99p shop Etc

Back