• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy in Wales (Bangor)

Kristoph91

Hi guys,

Looks like I'll be living in Bangor from now on.

Dream course awaits me in the Uni :D :D :D

Anyone know any good places to buy near here? Marine/FW/Planted all in one ?

Or how far TGM is ?

Whitey89 said:
Ahh, Ideal. I think I'm 5 hours away from TGM, and that isn't 'too far to travel' :p
Hi Nath,
Thought you were in Northallerton? It's only 2 hours 40 mins from us mate :thumbup:

60 miles too far ? Really ? I couldn't live only 90 minutes from TGM without at least giving them a visit. 120 mile round trip. Average car on a run 35mpg even if thats 4 gallons its what, £25 petrol ? Im assuming that even WALES has busses too ? Encourage some of your uni mates into the wonderful world of aquascaping and you can share the petrol :thumpup:

yeah about 90 minutes from TGM. I work over that way now and again and unfortunately most of the LFS's over there have gone under. There are a few good fish shops around that have the odd bit of planted (Rhyl and kinmel bay) but nothing much really in west wales unless someone can enlighten me as Ill pop in!

Antipofish said:
60 miles too far ? Really ? I couldn't live only 90 minutes from TGM without at least giving them a visit. 120 mile round trip. Average car on a run 35mpg even if thats 4 gallons its what, £25 petrol ? Im assuming that even WALES has busses too ? Encourage some of your uni mates into the wonderful world of aquascaping and you can share the petrol :thumpup:
you wouldnt want to get a bus from bangor to wrexham, nightmare journey of probably 10 changes. Train is doable (Bangor to shotton then to wrexham) but will probably cost a fortune no doubt :( easier by car with a few mates to help with petrol.

Whitey89 said:
Really Ady? Thought it was 4 hours plus ! Im in richmond mate. How was your trio yesterday buddy?

Now that Ive heard its only 2 hours 40, I feel like going :)
Trip was good mate, changed all my plans though :crazy:
Great people in the shop and it's well worth a visit!

Whitey89 said:
Well like i said, next time you go, we will hit it together if you want? Reduce travel costs in the Batmobile.. :lol:
It's a lamborghini and it is a bit pricey on juice :D
Sure thing mate, sounds good.

Back