• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy Microdevario kubotai in the UK

GTomas

I am looking to stock my new nano jungle project with some Microdevario kubotai.
Anyone has recently come across with these in the UK?
Ideally Yorkshire, but I willing to travel elsewhere in the UK.

Thanks

nano jungle project with some Microdevario kubotai.
How nano is your tank?
SF lists a minimum tank size of 60cm x 30cm

These are active fish and likely still mostly wild caught, so can be much more prone to “startle” jumping
They do better longterm in larger groups than the 8-10 often suggested as a minimum shoal number
These fish also seem more oxygen sensitive, so take care if adding CO2

ETA forgot to mention these tend to be seasonal fish as mostly wild caught (local shop did bring in some tank bred ones but they were very expensive and poor quality (curved spine etc issues - though this is often environmental effects during early fry development))

Last edited:
You can always check the website from one of Europa's largest tropical fish importer/distributor to see what they have in stock. They distribute world wide and also to quite some UK fish stores you can find with the Store locator.

https://www.ruinemans.com/en/product/24981-microdevario-kubotai-s-wild

Closest to Yorkshire would be
Knipsel.JPG

Doesn't mean Fangs and Fins have them currently in stock, but that's a phone call away to find out... And or if it's possible to place an order coming with the next shipment.

Thank everyone for replies.

I found some on my first attempt at Ferrybridge aquatics. Bought 10 as was told they are captive bred from Netherlands. Looks like legit answer as they are not timid and seem to have settled in very well, always greet me waiting for food. They are the only species in the tank 40x30x30 with good filtration of Eheim Classic 250. Hope they will have no reason to jump. This is their new home (Picture taken before adding the fish).;)

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 13.18.48.jpeg

Back