• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to buy on the Internet

Superman

I have used AquaEssentials (naturally), Swell UK but they were quite slow to dispatch and also the first lot of light tubes I had from them were badly packaged and in tiny bits but they did replace them promptly with no requirement to return the smashed ones, Aquatics Online UK who I have been shopping with for many years (used to get all my plant stuff from them as liked Dupla back then) and they are usually quite prompt with dispatching orders, ZooPlus but been based in germany delivery is quite slow and Fantasea Aquatics who were really good, I even phoned them at after 7 at night and got an answer (I think they are family run).

I've also used a few ebay shops, Lunapet form my CO2 kit, EQJ Trading for my luminaire, Advance Aquarium Store for glassware, Aceaqua for Hagen Glo Dual T5 controlers and Zoostock for amano shrimp.

For plants I use Greenline, but if I wanted Tropica I would use AE or TGM naturally.

I have to do the majority of my aquarium shopping online, as our LFS isn't great and we have no transport.

Ade

I've used Charterhouse - they're good imo. I use them for all my eheim spares.

Fast delivery, although not so brilliant with the old customer service. Last order I made, I'd ordered a bit to go on my spraybar. It wasn't in stock so they sent everything else but didn't tell me that this wasn't in stock and sent the original invoice which showed that I'd paid for it, even though they'd arranged for a refund on that item. I had to email them to ask what had happened :rolleyes:

However, they do pack items well and ship fast. I plan to make another order shortly.

I've used aquatics-online for a few things with no problems either.

Like AE; quality service and goods but I find it expensive, especially when it comes to postage.

For plants, Greenline www.aquaticplants.eu.com

They have a massive selection of collections for many sizes of tanks, many individual plants aswell.

Order on a tues, they're picked and packed overnight, sent out wed for delivery to you thurs, when I order plants are always fresh, healthy and of goodsize, never any problems with delivery!

The P+P is slightly more than most but they do use fed-ex so the delivery is always handled with care, (unlike another method of delivery) plus, the labour intensive packaging that keeps the plants so fresh is more than worth the charge!

Try them :D

Excellent german source for more unusual shrimp 1A-Wirbellose, they only dispatch to the UK on certain days (I ordered on a monday afternoon and they dispatched the week after), but once they do delivery is very fast (I got the dispatch email tuesday, shrimp arrived wednesday via DHL) and they are VERY well packaged in a proper fish box (you can see a full review with pics on UK Shrimp). They also sent me one extra of each ordered species, and I only had a single DOA (a snowball). Shipping to the UK is 24 EUR.

Ordering is done via email/email form, and they are very friendly and helpful. They have successfully shipped shrimp as far afield as australia.

Ade

I've used the living seas several times and found them to be good value. Delivery can often take quite a while though.

So, People, where do I buy my plants online now that GreenLine are no more. :(

Ruth

sorry to post in an old post lol.

but i used charterhouse once and never again will they be getting a penny of my cash again.

i made a large order with them for several items was told everything was in stock and full amount was removed from account , then was told by email half is out of stock ( but they still had the cash ). so i called and wanted some items canceled and they said not a problem the cash will be refunded by close of business that day ..... no cash was ever refunded , thats because nexy day everything arrived including the bits i was told were canceled. complained and they told me i would need to post them back but wont be refunded delivery. so i would still be out of pocket.
and to cut a long story short i ended up out of pocket with other items i bought from them until after 2 months of complaining.

If there's something I want I just google it and buy from wherever is cheapest! :eek:

Back