• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

where to buy plants now?

fishkeeper

I've just seen a post by AE that they are stopping selling plants.

Is there anywhere else on the internet that I will be able to buy Tropica/Aquafleur plants? as these are the only good quality plants that I know off.

Thanks

What about one of our sponsers TGM,there plants come already grown submersed,
Regards john.

If you specifically want AquaFleur plants, Maidenhead Aquatics sell these accross their chains.

TGM sell top quality plants and I personally buy from them as I know the quality is great.

Also, another of our sponsors, Fluid Sensor Online sell a range of plants :)

As has been said, our other sponsor TGM sell great quality Tropica plants already grown submersed and grown on in their own tanks quite a bit. They have the full range I bellieve, so a lot of choice.

Fluidsensor Online sell some nice cheap quality plants on eBay also with good feedback.

I don't think there's anywhere online that sells Aqua Fleur but as Steve said, I'm pretty sure most if not all Maidenhead Aquatics stock them (also Pets At Home maybe?).

There's loads of other places too - eBay sellers, Greenline blah blah.

Just ordered some plants from TGM (some Blyxa and glosso), came the next day and were very good quality - they even threw in a couple more blyxa as they thought the ones they had in were a bit small.

Top class quality and top class service.

I ordered Tropica from AE and they were very good.

So, it looks like ill be ordering from The Green Machine.

Ill just have to ask them :)

cheers guys

TGM gets my vote.
Always good quality plants and the guys up there bend over backwards when helping with any queries, whether it be about your order or just planting advice. :D
When I visited there a few months ago, I couldn't believe that a shop (of any sort) would have two people spend the best part of 3/4 of a day with me advising on how to go about this planted tank game and absolutely no sales pressure whatsoever.
Still, I walked out of there with bags and boxes of all sorts and they even gave me a lift to the train station.
These guys are passionate about our hobby.
Top service, although my credit card didn't think so :lol:

Chris

I can recommend Tropica plants from The Green Machine (TGM), as they're often grown on considerably from the Danish nurseries.

I have recevied a lot of plants direct from Tropica in Denmark and the condition is second-to-none. However, with TGM's plants, they're top quality and even bigger than usual.

You do pay a premium for Tropica though, so if you're on a tight budget then consider another supplier.

The plants received from another UKAPS sponsor, Fluid Sensor Online, were very good quality.

Aqua Fleur have a good reputation for quality vs. cost and supply various Maidenhead Aquatics stores. Ordering them in especially is worth considering as some stores are unable to keep their plants healthy in the long-term.

Aqua Essentials still supply their plant collections so they may be worth a look too.

there plants come already grown submersed
A lot of TGM's plants are also grown-on emerged (out of water) using hydroponics. This actually makes them more adaptable to a wider range of aquarium conditions.

Plants grown submerged (under water) in shops have adapted to the shops' water chemistry, so if yours differs, the plant may have a harder time adapting.

I used TGM for the first time this weekend.

i ordered Cryptocoryne undulata Broad leaf. I dint get this :(

What I got was a tree!!! lol thing was massive!!!!!!

I mean I got one before from a different shop and it was was not 1/10 of the size of the plant i got today lol.

very impressive quality of plant

Has anyone bought one of the collections from Aqua Essentials ? I'm looking to get the "Japanese Vista" or "Tropical Island" collection for a brand new setup simply using Eco-Complete substrate and no CO2. Wondering if

a) it's wise to plant that many items in a new setup
b) if the Aqua Essentials stock is good quality

Cheers :)

yes and yes to your questions, Aqua essentials are the best online company ive used :thumbup:

i'm not saying it can't be done but thats a lot of money(for me anyway :lol: )to spend on plants and not have co2.

Back