• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

Sorry for the delay people, these have now been added :)

CO2 Refills in Herts

hogan53 said:
Hi Planters
Here is a new location for re-filling Co2 cylinders/extinguishers.For the Hertfordshire area.
Company Sunglint
Unit 11 Boxted Farm
Berkamsted Road
Potten End
Hemel Hempstead
Hp1 1sg
Phone No 01442 255526
Re-fill,cost £5.00 a Kilo. under negotiation for larger fills.
The company Re-fill twice a week for the pub industry so ask for details when the next batch is to be done.
Contact Bob Sharples for more details.
The location is behind the Gadebridge area of Hemel Hempstead.
hoggie

Just an update on a previously mentioned supplier. Have just spoken to this company in Herts. As I don't actually have a bottle yet I couldn't give them a size but they said a small bottle would be £12, and as per Hoggie's post said they could do it when they were doing a delivery run. So drop the bttrle off and get it back in about 3 days.

Sounds good. My dad lives near Aylesbury so I can have him drop off my bottles for me and then pick up a week later then.

I take it this is for co2 bottles and not for FE?

mlgt said:
You're probably best off contacting the supplier to double check this - I have to admit I'm not even certain which supplier you're referring to! ( :oops: my geography is useless, I have to look all the addresses up on Google to find out which region they fit into!)

Updates all done, keep them coming :)

Egmel said:
mlgt said:
You're probably best off contacting the supplier to double check this - I have to admit I'm not even certain which supplier you're referring to! ( :oops: my geography is useless, I have to look all the addresses up on Google to find out which region they fit into!)

Updates all done, keep them coming :)

Apologies. I was referring the last post which was the one based in Hemel Hempsted :)

Thanks for clarifying that. That option for me is now gone :(
Will have to search around :)

Hi. Any idee where to re-fill 2kg JBL CO2 Proflora cylinder in Leeds, West Yorkshire area ?

Themuleous said:
Mikit - have you checked out the map?
I've pinned this thread so it doesn't get lots, its too good to go missing :)

Sam
Cheers Sam, it should also mean it gets more updates, I may not always get to them immediately so people should feel free to prod me via PM if they're feeling neglected ;)

mikit_bp said:
Hi. Any idee where to re-fill 2kg JBL CO2 Proflora cylinder in Leeds, West Yorkshire area ?
I think at the moment the closest we've got on the list are Manchester and Sheffield :( I would say that when you find somewhere can you let me know so I can add it to the list.

Also, if anyone uses someone off the list, or finds that one of them no longer exists can you please make a note in this thread. Some of the places haven't been updated in a while and it's likely that their prices/services have changed :rolleyes:

It might be worth adding these entries to the UKAPS google map I started (see signature), and we've been collectively adding members and now LFS's too. We could add CO2 refills to it maybe?

If I get time this weekend I'll look into it :)

Right, from all the adresses which have been mentioned the closes one was in Middleton which is Brentex Gas but i have been there on saturday, they have been closed but someone was inside and open the door and after short talk i know that they not refill 2kg cylinders. Guy which i have been talking with said if i will call him monday he will give me the adress for the company in Leeds who does refill for 2kg cylinders, but after i call some woman answer the phone [that guy was not there] and she said that she dont know what i am talking to so now i am still with empty cylinders.
As far as i know in one of the Leeds Pet Shop i can leave my co2 cylinder and they will organise refill for me but it will cost around 30 quid and take up to 2 weeks. I need to leave my cylinder for that long for them which is too long so i am still looking someone else. There is one more place some were in Ripon area but i have lost the adress but they refill 2kg for 35-40 quid. I have send email to shop in Wakefield which have been mentioned some were here in this topic about refilling co2 cylinder but they still did not wrote me back. Well, still looking :/
PS. Sorry if i have made mistakes in what i have wrote but English is my second language :D

Homebrew shops are worth checking out although most would wave a 600g brew cylinder at you. I've just sourced a new, 7lb cylinder, tested with 10 year stamp for £45, refills are £9 each. Refill turnaround is 2-3 days as they are not done on site.

Anyone around Birmingham way interested here are the details.

Hamstead Homebrew
37 Newton Road,
Great Barr,
Birmingham,
B43 6AD
United Kingdom
Tel: 0121 358 6800
Fax: 0121 358 3232
Tel: 0121 440 4737

I also enquired about regs for the 600g cylinders and they can be supplied no problem. I'll be looking into this setup for a future nano project.

bigmatt said:
Maidenhead Aquatics south Leeds - J41 of M1 stock JBL cylinders! Should do the job!
M
I'v been there today, cost of refilling 2kg cylinder is 38quid and 500g 20quid but the problem is it takes up to 1 month for them to refill and it depands do i want to swap cylinders which may take less time or refill my own cylinder which takes longer time.

be careful if you swap cylinders i did that at a MH thought all was well till a few months down the line i tried to get it filled at a fire extinguisher place they told me the bottle id been given was out of date. swapped for a brand new one as well MH probably would have swapped it back but ive not been since and this was over a year ag.o make sure you check the date on the bottle

Back