• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

leemonk said:
Hey,

I have just got back from this one:

Euro Fire Protection
Location : unit 38 Capital Business Centre, 22 Carlton Road, South Croydon, CR2 OBS
Tel : 02089162010 or freephone 0800 316 7615 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0800 316 7615      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 316 7615 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
Services : refill 2kg bottles for £20 though someone got 2 x 2kg cylinders for £10 each in 2009 so they might be open to deals :)
Date Added/Updated : Mar 30, 2010

I got a refill for £20 and a new one for £40.

My point for posting however is that if you call before and they have them in stock, they will simply swap your canister for another one, so there is no waiting.

They are in an industrial estate, so there is plenty of parking, just try to call before you go there as I went yesterday, even though I didnt get through on the phone and they were closed, however I spoke to the chap today and he says thats very rare and there is normaly always one person in.

Also..... they took my old tank in and it didn't have its horn which was nice of them!

I know someone else said that it takes a week to turn around, however when I told him about the site and the previous comment he showed me the tank that they were brought a month ago and said they are still waiting for the owner to collect it! It wasn't an FE, so they do have to send those away!

Lee

They've reduced the price of the 2kg FE to £25 and a refill (or straight swap) costs £20, not too bad i suppose but i have seen elsewhere people have got refills for £10-15

Thanks for the updated costs, I've changed the info in the post and on the map :)

Got my 2kg FE from this local fire equipment store, redditch fire protection.

It's 43 pounds for a 2kg co2, refill is 20 pound on the spot.

One for the list in Staffordshire/West Midlands
Premier Pub Co.
Unit 21 Navigation Way
Hawks Green
Cannock
WS11 7XU
01543 500933

Just picked up 2 x 4KG bottles for the unbelievable price of £8 +VAT each :thumbup:
re-fills cost the same and turn round is just under a week, hence me getting 2 while ones away being filled i can just pop the second bottle on and at this price its a no brainier.
Bottles are very compact too at just a touch over 500 mm tall.

Stu.

Can someone update this? In Aberdeen Chubb no longer do refills (well they do but it costs £50 for a minimum order)

I'm trying to find an alternative now...

Johno2090 said:
Can someone update this? In Aberdeen Chubb no longer do refills (well they do but it costs £50 for a minimum order)

I'm trying to find an alternative now...

Have you been to your local fish store? They normally do offer a service if you ask for it. But tends to be a 2 week waiting time from drop-off to when you can collect.

The local fish shops look at you like your mad if you suggest anything about plants and hitech tanks they don't care about em :/

Johno2090 said:
The local fish shops look at you like your mad if you suggest anything about plants and hitech tanks they don't care about em :/

There must be quite a few fire and security companies up in Aberdeen area due to the industry supplied by oil/gas etc.

Try going to google maps, then type fire into the search engine for aberdeen. One of thoose companies will do refils. A FE normally costs about £5 to £10 i think.

Cost me £18 with vat ontop of that to get a 500g refill... Only 1 company offering it here in Aberdeen utter crap!

I went in all 3 fish shops in Aberdeen and the only one who knew about co2 tried to convince me to use a DIY yeast setup lmao!!!

The only real aquarium around here still sells bog plants that only last a few months they don't give a rats ass at all....

It will cost me £10 to refill 2kg fire ex from Stalybridge 'Tameside fire'

Look for people that do maintenance on Fire ex and they will proberly refill for you.

adam

Johno2090 said:
Cost me £18 with vat ontop of that to get a 500g refill... Only 1 company offering it here in Aberdeen utter crap!

I went in all 3 fish shops in Aberdeen and the only one who knew about co2 tried to convince me to use a DIY yeast setup lmao!!!

The only real aquarium around here still sells bog plants that only last a few months they don't give a rats ass at all....

As said contact your local fire service centers.

But here is one delivered for £17 http://www.achilles-fire.com/cheap_...O2_extinguisher.html?language=en&currency=GBP

Total cost was £22, every time you take it in they do a leak check and service on the bottle then fill it. They are called OTEAC I won't be using them again their staff even couldn't understand why he'd priced it do high, I suspect they didn't want my business from the attitude the manager was giving me.

I've contacted about 15 fire companies in Aberdeen like I said most do minimum orders and a lot don't refil canisters and pointed me to OTEAC.

I'll keep hunting just hope this Co2 is 5x more effective since its 5x the price!

Here's an addition for Scotland.

Mayfair Fire Protection Ltd
29 Castle road
Bankside Industrial Estate
Falkirk
FK2 7UY
01324 637898

The name of the company has changed, I can't remember what but that doesn't matter as they still trade under Mayfair fire. I phoned ahead to arrange it and the guy had never heard of our use for CO2!
The guy did a straight swap, empty FE for full FE for £20. Thought that was ok but reading the thread it appears its not amazing.

Here is another one for the list:

Protect Fire Equipment Limited Unit 3A
The Pound
Coate
Devizes
Wiltshire
SN10 3LG
Tel: 01380 860011
Fax 01380 860022
Email: mail@protect-fire.co.uk

Reconditioned 2.0kg CO2 @ £20.00 filled and ready to go. Refills by appointment @ £10.00 + £2.75 decanting fee

You need to make an appointment before going there.

Hi All,

Just been in contact with this guy,

http://www.activefiresolutions.co.uk

Phone 01245 320478

Active Fire Solutions
Unit 5F Ivanhurst Industrial Estate
Woodham Road
Battlesbridge
Essex
SS11 7QL

Doesn't do refills but will swap 2kg for £15 and will sell, 5kg for £40 and its Essex based.

Back