• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

Heres another one for the South West

West of England Fire Protection Ltd

Location :Unit 4, Taw Trade Park, Braunton Rd, Barnstaple, EX31 1JZ

Tel: 01271 377394
Fax : 01271 321711

http://www.westfire.co.uk/
email : info@westfire.co.uk

Price : £10.50 VAT (pprox £12)

Flyfisherman said:
North Wales

Come on guys - one place you have not posted and the majority have visited this place.

THE GREEN MACHINE

Regards
paul.

Helen

500g bottle -£5.00
2kg bottle -£15.00

Any bottles bigger than 3kg are on am exchange scheme - for further information please contact TGM.

N.B - They only fill proper Co2 botles - NOT FE'S.

Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
Flyfisherman said:
North Wales

Come on guys - one place you have not posted and the majority have visited this place.

THE GREEN MACHINE

Regards
paul.

Helen

500g bottle -£5.00
2kg bottle -£15.00

Any bottles bigger than 3kg are on am exchange scheme - for further information please contact TGM.

N.B - They only fill proper Co2 botles - NOT FE'S.

Regards
paul.

All on there now :)

here is another great source for recharging co2 bottles.

A & E fire equipment ltd.
Unit 4 bamfurlong industrial park,
Staverton,
Cheltenham,
GL51 6SX.

01452 712021

Www.ae-fire.co.uk
(Email). Info@ae-fire.co.uk

Cost £5 per kilo to recharge!

Got chattin to the guy and he informed me they do the co2 canisters for the Lfs (the one along shurdington road, cant remember the name! :-/ )

Sorry for the delay, been out of the county, all added and updated now though :)

Cheers
Helen

Ace thread !

For Hull and East Yorkshire you can get CO2 from :

Broadman Ltd
Dairycoates Industrial Estate
Wiltshire Road
Hessle Road
Hull
HU4 6PA
01482 506050

A 3kg cylinder costs £2.50 per month to hire plus £10 per fill plus VAT. You can take your own cylinder to fill but they can't do 500g bottles and they must have a valid pressure test.

Thank you, all added :)

Calor gas in Stoke On Trent does rental bottle. The address is

Sneyd Hill, STOKE ON TRENT, ST6 2DZ

35 quid deposit for a 10L and cost 11 pound refill including VAT. £100 charges if bottle gone missing. ALl you need to do is bring the empty bottle to the shop and they will replace it with a new bottle and off you go

Added.

Interesting to see how different the 2 calor gas places are, mine didn't ask for a deposit or anything, just sold me the full cannister for £15 ish.

How big is a 10l cannister? I've had a look on the web but can't find any definitive answer. I'm used to dealing with kgs and I can't imagine how much 10l is!

Got another one for Oxfordshire.

6 CTC FUELS LIMITED
89-91 CORN STREET,
WITNEY
OX28 6AS

BILLATCTC@AOL.COM
Tel: 01993 702034

Just got an email re prices which are pretty much a bargain!

disposable cylinder at £11.99 (390gr) - not so cheap.
pub size refillable cylinder £29.99 CO2 £18.10

This is loads cheaper the Oxfordshire welding supplies in Freeland.

Sam

Thanks Sam, I've added that one.

One day I'll put these all on an interactive map so you can find the one closest too you more easily. One day, when I have some time! :lol:

Egmel said:
Added.

Interesting to see how different the 2 calor gas places are, mine didn't ask for a deposit or anything, just sold me the full cannister for £15 ish.

How big is a 10l cannister? I've had a look on the web but can't find any definitive answer. I'm used to dealing with kgs and I can't imagine how much 10l is!

10l cyclinder is pretty heavy. Don't know how much it weight exactly but it's about taller than 3' and must weight between 10-15kg. I'm not surprise if it's closer to 20kg because that bottle kill my back to carry it when it's full!

Themuleous said:
Knew I'd seen it somewhere

http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Sam
Yeah, I was looking at http://openlayers.org/ because then we could have a local copy, with a form that people could fill in... it'd take more work but would give a nicer result I think.
daniel19831123 said:
10l cyclinder is pretty heavy. Don't know how much it weight exactly but it's about taller than 3' and must weight between 10-15kg. I'm not surprise if it's closer to 20kg because that bottle kill my back to carry it when it's full!
lol, it' the weight of the CO2 not the weight of the cannister in total. It may well be like the 3.9Kg ones I use, they're meant for the pubs and their soda makers.

Thanks mr.luke I've updated that :)

Hi Egmel
Great post. I'm sure this info will be useful to many of us :D .
Don't know if you're interested, but one of the suppliers you named in the opening post for the South East as
Location : Unit 38 Capital Business Centre. 22 Carlton Road. South Croydon.
I've just found out their trading name. They are called Euro Fire Protection and their postcode is CR2 OBS (for those sat nav savvy people who might want to go there :lol: ) . They also boast a Freephone telephone No. 0800 316 7615.
Turns out this will be my nearest one :D.
Didn't know if you fancied editing, but there's the info anyway.

Thanks

Chris

Cheers for that I've made the changes :)

Back