• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where to get CO2 Cannisters and Refills

Sorry, if it's not on the list on the first page of this thread then I've not come across one. You can try your local calor gas place, they wont refill a FE but they quite often have cannisters.

WILDWOODS UPDATE

I called Wildwoods at Crews Hill Enfield to confirm that they refill CO2 and was told they do. Drove 40 minutes to get there to be told that they only refill JBL cannisters so dont waste your time going there for FE's :twisted:

Can anyone tell me where I might get refilled around Essex?

Looks like I will have to purchase new cannisters everytime I need a refill.

Thanks for that update. If there's no-one else near you on the list then calor gas often sell and replace CO2 cannisters if that's of any help. Otherwise you can try local places which service FE's, though many of them won't just refill, they'll want to do a full service which can be more expensive than buying a new one. Have a look in your yellow pages and make a few phone calls, you might strike it lucky.

Do I have to be careful about the source of CO2? I seem to rememeber reading that its not all Fish safe?

Honestly I don't know. There are different grades of CO2 and the stuff I use is food grade as I have the same cannisters as pubs use, I don't know at what grade it would become fish unsafe. Probably worth searching the CO2 forum and asking there if you don't find anything.

I would suspect that the co2 in a FE, which many of us use, would of a lower grade than food grade co2

CO2 is CO2, simple as that. The only difference in grades from what I understand is the container. Food or medical grade (cant remember which) comes in a container with a glass lining, whereas FE's are just the metal cylinder with no lining. The glass stops any potential metal that may come off getting into the gas.

FE's are fine for what we need :)

Sam

For Aberdeen refills try here:

Chubb Fire Ltd
Chubb House
Badentoy Crescent
Badentoy Industrial Estate,
Portlethen,
Aberdeen,
AB12 4YD
01224 787600
www.chubb-scotland.co.uk

2Kg FE refill £15 but you might get for £10 cash if you ask nicely.

B4M

Thanks B4M, added :)

Hi,
i've done my refill in this place:

Gascylindersuk
340 haydock lane
haydock industrial estate
haydock
merseyside.
2kg refill-£6

laimyzaz said:
Hi,

Gascylindersuk
340 haydock lane
haydock
merseyside.
2kg refill-£6
Thank you, I've updated the entry to reflect the new prices :thumbup:

laimyzaz said:
Hi,

Gascylindersuk
340 haydock lane
haydock
merseyside.
2kg refill-£6

Thats a great price. Just got a quote from local FE service company to refill a 2kg - £27 +VAT :thumbdown:

laimyzaz said:
Hi,
this place does FE refills for £15+vat
97a Rochdale Road
Bury
BL9 7BA
Thanks I've added them :)

Ok, I've finally got one for South Wales although its a bit expensive

Aquatics Online
Location : Brynmenyn Industrial Estate - it's the 2nd turning on the right as you turn into the estate from Sarn direction
Email : mail@aquatics-online.co.uk
Direct Link to the product - http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... ystems.asp
Tel: 01656 663427
Services : It's a refill service for a JBL Proflora only, it's £10.44 for a 500g cylinder and £29.35 for a 2kg cylinder. You send your empty one to Aquatics Online (you pay the postage) and they send it away to be refilled. The refilled bottle is then sent back to you with a carriage charge. The changeover time is up to 3 weeks, but they normally have full bottles which they send to you immediately and then refill the one you've sent to them and add it to their stockpile.

Thanks, I've added it under a new heading of 'online' since it might also be useful for people who don't have a local source.

amy4342 said:
Ok, I've finally got one for South Wales although its a bit expensive

Aquatics Online
Location : Brynmenyn Industrial Estate - it's the 2nd turning on the right as you turn into the estate from Sarn direction
Email : mail@aquatics-online.co.uk
Direct Link to the product - http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalo ... ystems.asp
Tel: 01656 663427
Services : It's a refill service for a JBL Proflora only, it's £10.44 for a 500g cylinder and £29.35 for a 2kg cylinder. You send your empty one to Aquatics Online (you pay the postage) and they send it away to be refilled. The refilled bottle is then sent back to you with a carriage charge. The changeover time is up to 3 weeks, but they normally have full bottles which they send to you immediately and then refill the one you've sent to them and add it to their stockpile.
Have they moved then?

I drove by their place the other day and they were still located on Litchard/Brackla Industrial Estate, Bridgend - a good 10 miles from Brynmenyn.

Oh my Gosh, sorry, I'm totally wrong! It is situated in Brackla Industrial Estate, not Brynmenyn Industrial Estate! I totally apologise - I had Brynmenyn on the brain.

Back