• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

where to get filter sponges

Nick16

hi, i am going to buy an external (yes taking the plunge) but it has no media with it, i already have ceramic stuff for one tray and i have metres of floss to cut up and put into another but i dont know where to get the filter sponges, the filter will be quite big so i will need large amounts of media, e.g a sheet of about 30x30cm (at least).

where do you guys get yours? any links will be pot notch.

P.S i have tried my 2 LFS's and they dont have anything.

i have tried that but all i can ind is the stuff with the 'bumps' in, i might have to just get that as there is nothing else around.

Nick16 said:
i have tried that but all i can ind is the stuff with the 'bumps' in, i might have to just get that as there is nothing else around.

They will be fine, i have nicked these pics off of Dave Spencer's journal, i am sure he wont mind ;)

Pondsponge.jpg

Sponge.jpg

Wool.jpg

those are the bumpy ones!! yeah, i can get a coarse medium and fine from ebay for about £8. but will i need two lots as the filter says it is 29cms by 29cms, but the pads are slightly loner 30cms by 42. so i can get one piece and thats it? so will i have to get 2 lots or will one be fine?

Nick16 said:
those are the bumpy ones!! yeah, i can get a coarse medium and fine from ebay for about £8. but will i need two lots as the filter says it is 29cms by 29cms, but the pads are slightly loner 30cms by 42. so i can get one piece and thats it? so will i have to get 2 lots or will one be fine?

What filter is it?

1 pad will be fine, although you may be able to save on postage costs and have a spare set if necassary by buying 2.

i couldnt be bothered with fiddling around with all the sponges so i spent an extra couple of quid and bought a TT EX1200 that comes with the media.

Back