• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which base layer

Fisher2007

So my new 200 litre braceless is still in the build phase and whilst that's going on I'm trying to plan what to do when it arrives

Right now I have a 100 litre low tech planted on a cabinet which is where the new tank will go (in its place). A fair amount of the livestock (plants and fish) will move across to it

What I'm hoping to do is strip down the old tank and setup the new one all in one day, whilst putting the fish in a holding container. New tank will be low tech too

With all that in mind I'm looking for a substrate base layer that I can use straight away (so one that won't leach ammonia) and this will be capped with a sand or similar. Could anyone suggest a suitable base layer? Would something like tropica soil work?

Thanks

I have done this before and used tropica with no issues as the filter is already cycled the fish where fine going back in the same day as the rescape maybe use a bit of the old tanks substrate under the new soil

Back