• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which co2 diffuser is best

rummy nose

hoping to upgrade to a pressurised co2 system very soon, local lfs sells 2 kinds D-D & JBL.

the diffuser on the jbl set has a spiral type & the d-d type is a small plastic cup & disc type thing.

the shop says the spiral type is better than the cup but what do you guys think? :?

6 of 1 & 1/2 dozen of the other really. ok thanks

ive just got a new Rio 240 with a 1000lph flow so it will give me a water turn over of just 4 & bit times per hour?

You may need to consider upping the flow if you're going to take the plunge into a heavily planted tank with CO2 injection etc.

The 10x rule works well for most applications, so 2400lph in your case.

You can achieve this with another powerhead or filter. An external filter is the weapon of choice for most in these cases, especially in a larger tank like yours.

I can recommend Eheim, or if you're on a tight budget, Fluval, JBL or TetraTec.

If you are stocking a low fish load then an appropriately rated Hydor Korilia powerhead would do the trick.

oh dear george, more money needs spent :rolleyes:
you can tell by my sig that wife aint impressed :lol:

yeah, rip the old useless juwel filter box out and get yourself 2 Ex1200's. Its exactly what i did and its the best choice i have made. (well i have sold the tank now) :lol:

Back