• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which CO2 Drop checker

Ejack

Hey guys

Just ordered my CO2 kit from ebay :D Can't wait for it to get here from Germany.

Was wondering whats a decent CO2 Drop Checker kit to get? Are the one's from ebay any good or should I be looking to get a certain branded one?

Cheers

Any will do the job as long as you have Dkn4 water and a higher quality reagent all available from Aqua essentials.
I can personally vouch for aquatic magics who's are really good. If you're not so fussy about aesthetics then the JBL plastic ones are fine.

It pains me to say this, but I would seriously advise getting one of the plastic ones made by either JBL or Dupla. The glassware ones are lovely to look at, but frankly in a well planted tank are near impossible to read accurately unless the CO2 levels are at either extreme, whereas with the JBL and Dupla ones they aren't as attractive but have a white background inside them against which you can see the colour of the reagent with far greater ease. The Cal aqua guy said in the thread on new drop checker design that they are working on a glass one with some kind of background to make reading easier, so fingers crossed for this.

I have ended up with a glass one at one end and a plastic one the other in my 180 litre planted. :lol:

Ade

Back