• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which diffuser? I can’t get my CO2 high enough!

Greengeek

I have a 300l tank and I can’t get the CO2 levels high enough. The drop checker is always dark green almost blue.

I have JBL Proflora disposable CO2 system and have tried used the taifun diffuser it came with and also a glass ceramic defuser and it’s made no difference.

I’ve tried increasing bubbles per minute so they are so fast I can’t count them and it’s still not making a difference. The tank has a sump with overflow and a in-line diffuser is not a option with it.

Ive also started liquid carbon dosing as well, but there has to be way to make the co2 more efficient. There is no visible surface water movement either.

What can I try next?

thank you!

14138F7F-4CAA-4593-8B01-7495B6495BDC.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. The return pipe is a very thick, over a inch I did not think the inline defusers came in that width?

But the atomiser directly into the inlet of the return is a good idea!

Thank you

It is not difficult to fit a basic bypass on your main return but i think you can now get big bore inline atomisers ?
Anyway feeding through the return pump is an instant and effective method .
As Andrew says a reactor is another option although « Very easy and inexpensive « is not the terms I would use!
Perhaps Andrew can explain his method?
You should be able to fit a cut down plastic bottle over the pump inlet and the works extremely well, the bottle only needs to be a couple of inches long.
C142EB6D-395D-4CDE-8494-13BA09686916.jpeg

Back