• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which diffuser should i use?

tom_os

for my pressurised co2 system on my 240l tank, which diffuser would be better?

DSCF4720.jpg

Re: which dissuser should i use?

that looks to me like the rhinox 1000 or possibly the 2000 which will not be efficient for diffusing enough co2 in your tank as the rhinox 1000 is for tanks around 60-100L and the 2000 for tanks 20-40 gallons. you what to be looking at a rhinox 5000.

Use the one on the right ;)

glenn said:
that looks to me like the rhinox 1000 or possibly the 2000 which will not be efficient for diffusing enough co2 in your tank as the rhinox 1000 is for tanks around 60-100L and the 2000 for tanks 20-40 gallons. you what to be looking at a rhinox 5000.
I use a nano diffusor in my tank and its fine, just as long you pump enough CO2 through it and distribute it evenly around the tank you won't have any problems. Only a very small portion of the disc lets out CO2 bubbles anyway no matter how big it is. I have mine just below the Koralia 1 powerhead which sends the bubbles all over the place and keeps my drop checker on the yellowish side.

ok thanks so if i use the one on the right should be fine with a decent pump, thanks

yeah it has a 3cm diameter

ok well i might of accidently smashed it!

so i have no ordered one of those spiro ones because they look awsome :D

Hi Folks, I'm new to all this and have just purchased the spiro one. I'm having a lot of trouble getting it filled with water though.

Anyway yes the bubbles do seem to come from just one part of the disk and here was me thinking the whole disk would emit the co2 :rolleyes:

Also I have read on these forums about some having a small hole at the base of the spiral and how everyone thought this was a fault. i don't think it is a fault...should it not be there?

I say this because it is advertised as being used as a bubble counter as well so you would need an area beneath the co2 bubble that is created at the top of the diffuser to show this bubble. The spiral will never be full of water as some might think.

Mines has this small hole in the base of the spiral and although my spiro is only 1/3 full of water, this small hole is under the water level and I can adjust my needle valve by counting the bubbles that escape from it. How else could you use this as a bubble counter if it did not have this pin hole?

So I say these are not faulty and this is how they are manufactured. Mines seems to be working perfectly, despite the difficuty in filling with water.

John

Back