• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which diffuser?

kizkiz

Seedling
Hi
Just set up a new tank.
It's a 6x1.5x2 ish
I have the JBL spiral diffuser, which, from reading on here, isn't very good.
I've tried various searches on here, but i'm getting a bit confused as to what is good.
Any recommendations?

A mister is best, the mist is the most desirable part since it's the best way for a plant to access co2 in the water. Next would be an inline diffuser, the am1000 type (not the TMC ones, I've used similar and it was shocking). Next a intank glass diffuser.

Reactors come into their own on large tanks where as an inline mister is suitable for all aplications. A glass diffuser is only really suitable for smaller tanks.

The first link you posted I would avoid, I've used the clone of that and hated it, very very ugly and inefficient. Tended to totally mug the flow.

Had a flick around and the AM reactor 1000 looks good. I've seen a couple of tanks on here using it.

JamesM said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Carbon-Dioxide-Diffuser-Dispenser-Aquarium-fish_W0QQitemZ110493386542QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item19b9eb472e#ht_2120wt_1165

These work really good imo. Similar products are also available on ye olde FleaBay too :thumbup:

sorry to hijack another thread, but

does this product work with the ribbed hosing of the fluval external canister filters, and also i've read that some filters do not like co2 going through the filter on the intake, why is this and is there a chance of damaging my filter?

Cheers folks

Fern

Hmm interesting.

I have the Boyu diffuser from Hong Kong. I've not fitted it yet. My only concern is that it fits multiple pipe sizes - i.e. the throughput can't be greater than that of a 12/16mm pipe whereas my JBL filter has the larger 16/22mm pipe.

Now the UP Co2 Atomizer on eBay appears to have dedicated units for different sizes. I'm assuming that permits maximum throughput..? I've not yet ordered the FE or other bits so I've got time to order this as a better unit for a larger capacity pipe.

Back