• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which eheim external do you think?

markuk

i'm stuck on choosing one of these eheims for my 360ltr planted.it's not going to have a massive
amount of fish,but was thinking more of the turnover of water...well here's my 2 difficult choices

1..Ehiem pro 3 -1200ltr hr. price is £174.99
or
2..Ehiem 2128 thermo - 600ltrs hr. price is £179.99
any thoughts would be appreciated,thanks........

mark...

Hi Markuk, i have two eheim 2028s on my 450lts setup and i have been very happy with them,two is a good idea as you will be able to clean them alternatley,regards john

Hi Mark,

i've got an Eheim Pro 3e, and Pro 2 2028, but personally, i'd stick with the Pro 2's. The Pro 3's are very very large, and the normal version would not fit in my tank cabinet (too high), so i bought the Pro 3e, but i don't really use any of the electronic functions though. If mine breaks, i'll probably just buy another Pro 2.

I have a 2128 and don't like the heater part. It has extra cables that are a PITA when cleaning. I'd get a 2028 and fit a Hydor external heater.

I went to the TGM on saturday and bought a eheim pro 2 2028.which i think will be perfect for my needs
had a good day with Jim and Mark..and came back with everything i would need to get started.Spent a good few
£££££,but well worth it.

Back