• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which external??

Paddy

Seedling
It seems as though my eheim is on its last legs, practically replaced every seal possible but the output is still poor.

I am currently trying to source another external filter but I am not sure which one to go for as there are so many to choose from. I am looking for a filter for 125litre tank, money no issue as long as it is not too noisy and reliable.

Suggestions please.

right, i have these opinions on filters. they may not be anyone elses but these are my opinions.

1) for a tank your size, i would have a redundant system going, I.E run two filters capable of doing your tank on their own. perhaps look a two TT EX1200'S or 1 1200's and 1 700.

2.) tetratecs are pretty good filters, quiet, good flow and easy to maintain, and not to costly
3) Eheims are good but i find their flow a little lacking. They are easy to clean though. but this is counter balanced by the hefty price. avoid the ecco series as these were NOT made by eheim but a 'sub contractor' hence the lower quality. also avoid any with an inbuilt heater.
4) Fluvals IMO are not very good as they are noiser than thier competitors, harder to maintain, poorer flow and just dont look as nice.

HTH. (as i said these are my opinions and are not facts!)

Nick16 said:
right, i have these opinions on filters. they may not be anyone elses but these are my opinions.

1) for a tank your size, i would have a redundant system going, I.E run two filters capable of doing your tank on their own. perhaps look a two TT EX1200'S or 1 1200's and 1 700.

2.) tetratecs are pretty good filters, quiet, good flow and easy to maintain, and not to costly
3) Eheims are good but i find their flow a little lacking. They are easy to clean though. but this is counter balanced by the hefty price. avoid the ecco series as these were NOT made by eheim but a 'sub contractor' hence the lower quality. also avoid any with an inbuilt heater.
4) Fluvals IMO are not very good as they are noiser than thier competitors, harder to maintain, poorer flow and just dont look as nice.

HTH. (as i said these are my opinions and are not facts!)

2 x TT EX1200 is what I'd use.

Tetra have identified a problem with this range of filters. The hose adaptor unit ball valve spindles can leak water, which then fills up the compartments within the top of the filter and then overflows down the sides of the canister. This leads the customer to think that the main canister seal is leaking, when in fact it is most unlikely.

Tetra have modified the adaptor unit and are fitting it to all new production stock

However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you

thats the post by jamesc

I believe this is the thread which YzemaN has listed above?

Just been checking the maximum width I can fit into my cupboard and 10inches will be tight. I believe that the TT EX1200 is slightly over 10 inches, so can anyone recommend another filter less than 10 inches in width.

Would I be able to get away with the TT EX700?

Hi Paddy,

Glad you made this post, I'm in the same situation. Stats on filter dimentions are detailed here:

http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/tetrate ... 3wodllxm1g

The say 22cm (9inch).....22cm is 8 5/8 inch and I was using this for reference. Maybe an owner could measure theirs and give us a diffinitive answer?

Simon,

I managed to find the measurements according to one of the online suppliers, and have just purchased one.

When It arrives I will take some measurements and photos if this would be any help?

I assume you mean the ex1200, what were the dimensions and where did you buy it? The cheapest I can find at the moment is from Warehouse Aquatics at £72 plus £3.75 standard delivery. They wanted £10.95 next day delivery but I'm in no rush.

When I said I'm in no rush I meant with regards to the delivery of the TTEX1200, not your reply :lol: :lol:

Where did you get yours from and how much? What arethe dimensions?

Your reply to the these questions would be gratefully appreciated ;)

The TT EX1200's dimensions are W 22cm x D 22cm x H 38cm. I got mine from Charterhouse Aquatics, £73 with free delivery. :D

alip01 said:
The TT EX1200's dimensions are W 22cm x D 22cm x H 38cm. I got mine from Charterhouse Aquatics, £73 with free delivery. :D

Cheers Alip01,

Charterhouse now are charging £92.95, so I've just ordered one from Warehouse Aquatics £78.75 with delivery.

Back