• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which first? Bubble Counter or Check Valve

Simon D

Should the check valve be before the bubble counteror after? I fitted mine as per aquaticmagic's pic:
CE-BC04-04.jpg

Problem: some water has got into the check valve and every bubble that goes through the valve pushes the valve up (as it nearly floats) and makes a noise as it clicks back down.

If I was to change them round and have the CV before the BC would that work better and quieter? What the usual order?

I don't want to "just try it" as the connections are pretty damned tight and will need warming to release them. Plus, it took me a long time to get this setup going without breaking the delicate looking glass.

No doubt, this is a text book question that you all know the answer to! (Just me then?)

Many thanks in advance of your many responces

I should be the other way around or the water from the bubble counter can get back down the line to the regulator.

My valve also has water in it. No problem with it. The fact that bubbles are pushing the valve up and you can hear it is sealing against the glass says to me it is working.

Ac

It should be Check valve before the BC so water is not sucked in to the reg

Thanks Andy and Behold.

I thought it was wrong and yes I understand that the water could get back to the reg and more importantly the solinoid so will have to go through the motions of reversing my setup! Oh well, all a learning curve.

Thanks again for your replies.

Back