which is best out of these diffusers

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Stu Worrall, 18 Sep 2008.

1. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

hi all

im just getting some equipment together before i set my rio 125 up. Ive found these two slightly different glass diffusers and was wondering if anyone has any experience of them? Theyre both about the same price and come in a pack of two so one will be spare or used in my smaller tank if I get another valve

from Aquarium HK and have two suction cups per diffuser and a longer glass tube (will this be more prone to breaking?)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....p://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta

from advance aquarium store and have one suction cup and shorter glass tube

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....p://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta

thanks in advance

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i use the 2nd one and find it is ok, the 1st one will not take as much to break (due to the longer pipe)

3. howardish

howardish Member

I bought the 1st set you were looking at, one didnt make it into the tank as i broke it when my little finger brushed it :mad:

The 2nd i managed to get into the tank, tubing attached etc. only to find the ceramic was solid and no gas was coming out at all. when removing it...it broke.

So overall not pleased. have since bought a rhinox and can more than recomend it!

4. PM

PM Member

Well I bought the second ones and the tubing kept slipping off due to the stupid short and tapered glass tube!

Why the hell did they make it tapered? Makes no sense I tell thee lol

5. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

so not many positive recommendations then! might have a look at the rhinox. At the moment ive got a sera reactor that came with my gas set which uses some of the filter flow to pass through it so I might try it for a bit when I set the tank up again.