• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which make on internal filter is the best

Gents

Previously listed & had no replies

i have just bought a Aqua Mode 300 aquarium as a second tank for smaller fish e.g Glaxay Rasbora / ember tetras endlers etc and I would like some advice on which internal filter unit to buy, the tank is intial supplied with an undergravel filter / pump. the pump supplied pumps 400 LPH and I want to fit an internal filter unit, I dont know whether to fit a unit that pumps the same amount of water or slightly increase the flow to 600LPH, any thought. :?:

Regards

Paul.

fluval are normally regarded as one of the best. the 1+, 2+, 3+ and 4+. i have a 2+ and a 1+ in my 38l and the horrid juwel thing plus a 4+ in my 120l. and a spare 4+ just in case.

Personally I love Ehiem Aquaball internals ahead of any other I've tried. They are great and big for the flow they provide, plus you can add extra modules to up the media capacity.

I have one of the Fluval ones at school at it's too fancy - little bits of plastic and bits that slide out and fold together and it's a faff. After looking at the video review PFK did of the new one it looks like more of the same. I like the more straightforward engineering of the Ehiem.

I've got an Eheim Aquaball 2210 rated at 180 to 550 lph. In my opinion it is a brilliant peice of equipment for the price (c. £20) it is easy to clean and runs very well and is quiet. I want to upgrade this to an external with more power/circulation and am looking again at an Eheim as they are so well built. Sod the expence, the wife doesn't need to know everything! :D

Gents

Many thanks for the advise regarding which internal filter to buy - I have decided / bought an Eheim Aquaball 2210, slightly bigger flow rate than required 0.5 x greater - pump supplied 400LPH, 2210 - 550 PLH, I did not want to go to high as the tank is only 20 litres. I will keep you all posted how I find the pump once installed. :D

Regards
Paul.U

Back