• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which moss

Hi Pete, moss is a great addition to any tank, and I cant think of any moss that isnt suitable for beginners, so whatever takes your fancy. Research a few different types (Weeping/ flame/ java/ fissidens etc) and google image them to see what takes your fancy.
I think Fissedens requires the least maintenence, but all are pretty easy to take care of.
Once you have some, just chop it up and attach it to some wood of stone in your tank with cotton thread and your all good.

Hope that helps!.

Hi Nick and Aron
thanks for advice will have a look and see what i fancy then google it to make sure
I thought thread would rot so i got some clear thread (basicly fishing line) off ebay, as i have some riccia on order so wanted to be prepaired
thanks Pete:thumbup:

Hi Pete, nothing really to add in the way of advice to the above. The first moss i tried growing was Willow and had great success with it, so much so my nano is now rather overgrown with it, if you fancy giving it a try i will happily send you a good handfull to try.

Stu.

Back