• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which moss?

mjw1476

does anyone know which moss it is which grows tall, ive got some java moss and christmas moss but it grows down and along rather than up. is it flame moss, can someone just confirm, thanks

Matt

yes, it is flame moss which grows straight up.

(stringy moss does as well, but I'd bet £50 it is flame you are thinking of ;) ).

this site is good for moss ID's: www.aquamoss.net

lovely thanks for that, i assume its just as easy to grow as java moss?

Yeah, mosses are generally pretty straight forward, and easy enough to grow :) One tip, which I really need to follow myself, is to keep your mosses trimmed, as appose to ripping out bits when it gets too long... You'll find, like most plants, it starts growing thicker and look nicer after a while (see some of Graeme Edwards' scapes for perfect examples!)

SteveUK said:
...keep your mosses trimmed, as appose to ripping out bits when it gets too long... You'll find, like most plants, it starts growing thicker and look nicer after a while

Very good advice this 8)

SteveUK said:
Thanks! I just need to follow my own advice :lol:

Me too :oops: I trimmed my taiwan moss for the first time in 4 months last week... had enough to seed a 2 foot square moss wall :wideyed:

Back