Which of my fish is likley to be eating my plants and why?

Discussion in 'Fish' started by Vito, 5 Nov 2008.

1. Vito

Vito Member

Hey guys,

I have come across a bit of an irritating problem, I seem to have chunks bitten out of many of my glosso leaves, In my tank I have 4 ottos, 2 zebra loach and 6 Red eye tetra, I feed flake food one a day... 6pm ish, and I feed a slice of cucumber for 2 days and then a gap day for the ottos...

Any ideas who is causing the damage ?

Can I fix it by feeding a little more?

If you guys could kindly share your knowlage!

Vito

2. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

If I had to gues... the loaches.

3. a1Matt

a1Matt Member

ditto. but only a guess.

Definitely NOT the Ottos.

4. Vito

Vito Member

has to be the zebras! I have had enough of them... I got them to control my snails, they have done their job and they are for ever uprooting my HC.. tomorrow ima try and net them and take them to my LFS....

5. samc

samc Member

i have a large zebra(5in) and eats plants like theres no tomorrow i had to put it in a seperate tank because it was getting so annoying replanting everyday. id deffinatly would have said the zebra ate the glosso i fed them cucumber and they took a hole out of it out in one bite and they made a loud clicking noise too, they eat the plants as part of there diet even if you feed them well they still naturally eat plants. did you gt rid of yours in the end?