• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which one (sand) looks better?

Fred13

Just a quick poll because I am trying to decide.

Attachments

• 20210208_183058.jpg
    20210208_183058.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG-bd9a6a3d853ba25eeb7b30e6763029b8-V.jpg
    IMG-bd9a6a3d853ba25eeb7b30e6763029b8-V.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 201
Left gives the better contrast, but looks a bit too fake/bright to me. +1 for Right!
It Is exactly what I am thinking. And rocks will get darker therefore the right one will also gives contrast. Rocks are dry at the moment.
More opinions would be appreciated!

Good choice the left looks a bit like what I think of as builders sand colour 🙂 the right one looks more natural

Maybe use both. Darker one on either side then lighter one as a path to draw the eye through.

I was going to say "left" and I am still thinking that looks better. But I have no idea about this so...

Both are nice and have a good grain size (0.7-1
2).
I decided to go with the right because it is indeed more harmonious.
I really like the contrast of the left one but the right sand will also bring up colors when rocks get darker almost black when they get wet.
The left sand is more suitable for a beach than for a river.
It is a difficult choice overall but the right is a real beige sand while the left is more yellowish light colored sand

I’d suggest looking at both sand and rocks under water and with your aquarium lighting before making a final decision - while it’s less likely with sand than fine gravel, I’ve completely changed my mind when aquarium lighting picks out every bright and light coloured stone in the gravel mix
It’s also made me change some stone orientations

(from above photos I’d choose right sand too)

I'd say left. I quite like the color contrast and will allow things to "pop" out more easily

Back