which one?

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by samc, 16 Dec 2008.

1. samc

samc Member

hi im planning on a rescape on my 80l and for the past few days iv been looking for inspiration on the internet and have found 2 scapes tht i really like and dont know which one i would like to base mine around heres one[​IMG]
    i really like rocks in this one and i belive it was an amano scape

this is the other
    [​IMG]
    both of them are the type of thing i like.
    which one do you think????
    thanks

2. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

i like both of them but the top one is the one i'd have with a clear background

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I think you could base your scape on both of them. It won't turn out exactly like whichever one you pick anyway.

In terms of easiness to do, I'd say no.2 though.

4. samc

samc Member

yerr i was thinking of basing it around both as i like the rotala sp. green in the second one but i like the rock formation of the first, i think if i used rotala sp.green though id use a darker colour rock as i dont think it would look right.
    thanks

5. andy

andy Member

Love no 1 !!!!

6. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

the first is an iwagumi. clever rock placement. it has a completely different feel to the second. there both stunning and challenging.

it's whatever you feel your able to complete with as little hassle as possible. for me its 1 step at a time. learn to grow a few plant varieties and then incorporate them in a scape. then next step, more plants. rock arranging etc etc. in no time you'll be surprised how far you can come, rather than tackling anything too daring and failing at it. good look with either

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Plant demands wise the first is very challenging, but you could get the best out of both and incorporate it in yours.
    The dragon stone is lovely though :)

8. samc

samc Member

iv got some plants in mind which i can grow well in it at the minuet, suprisingly even with the low light my tank seems to be able to grow almost every plant iv tried so far althought iv got some aromatica which is growing but not rooting does any1 know why or does it just need a root tab?
    thanks

9. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

No 1 is by far the better scape, imo. :D

Btw, where abouts in Lincs are you from?

10. samc

samc Member

im near spilsby if uv heard of it, village called little steeping iv been ur way a few times for football matches tho
    thanks

11. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

Yeah, i've heard of it, your about an hour North of me, up the A16.

Regards,

Dan.

12. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

I like both, but the red in the first one is almost to much. Its always good to look at other scapes to get ideas, especially when starting. Hell Im going to 'copy' the TGM iwagumi when I redo my 4ft, but don't try and make it identical, put your own mark on it :)

Sam

13. vauxhallmark

vauxhallmark Member

If you're going to try for either of those tanks, bear in mind that they both look deeper than the average off the shelf tanks you buy from a fish shop. The second one in particular looks like it could be 2' from front to back. They're certainly both at the very least 18" deep. Of course, you can use them for inspiration to set up a smaller tank, but don't beat yourself up if you find it hard to reproduce that look in a tank that doesn't have the same depth as those two.

PS - great tanks to choose for inspiration - love 'em both!

All the best,

Mark

PPS - all references to 'depth' above mean front to back measurements.

14. samc

samc Member

yes i see what u mean i was thinking about that myself the second one is 20in deep which is more than mine but i should be able to work around it somehow, i think most people like the first one so i think ill go for that kinda style i will be adding my own bits too it tho and it wont look the same anyway its kinda impossible id say
    thanks

15. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

It doesn't matter what other people think, do the one that you want to do. You're the one who'll have to live with it.

16. samc

samc Member

i personally like the first one too i just wanted to know which one other people like and if they have any ideas :)
    thanks

17. beeky

beeky Member

I prefer the first one, but I like to see exposed sand. Carpets are impressive when done well, but I like the contrast of sand.