• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which one?

samc

hi im planning on a rescape on my 80l and for the past few days iv been looking for inspiration on the internet and have found 2 scapes tht i really like and dont know which one i would like to base mine around heres one
1.jpg

i really like rocks in this one and i belive it was an amano scape

this is the other
2189873829_ae553e11bb_o.jpg

both of them are the type of thing i like.
which one do you think????
thanks

I think you could base your scape on both of them. It won't turn out exactly like whichever one you pick anyway.

In terms of easiness to do, I'd say no.2 though.

yerr i was thinking of basing it around both as i like the rotala sp. green in the second one but i like the rock formation of the first, i think if i used rotala sp.green though id use a darker colour rock as i dont think it would look right.
thanks

the first is an iwagumi. clever rock placement. it has a completely different feel to the second. there both stunning and challenging.

it's whatever you feel your able to complete with as little hassle as possible. for me its 1 step at a time. learn to grow a few plant varieties and then incorporate them in a scape. then next step, more plants. rock arranging etc etc. in no time you'll be surprised how far you can come, rather than tackling anything too daring and failing at it. good look with either

iv got some plants in mind which i can grow well in it at the minuet, suprisingly even with the low light my tank seems to be able to grow almost every plant iv tried so far althought iv got some aromatica which is growing but not rooting does any1 know why or does it just need a root tab?
thanks

If you're going to try for either of those tanks, bear in mind that they both look deeper than the average off the shelf tanks you buy from a fish shop. The second one in particular looks like it could be 2' from front to back. They're certainly both at the very least 18" deep. Of course, you can use them for inspiration to set up a smaller tank, but don't beat yourself up if you find it hard to reproduce that look in a tank that doesn't have the same depth as those two.

PS - great tanks to choose for inspiration - love 'em both!

All the best,

Mark

PPS - all references to 'depth' above mean front to back measurements.

yes i see what u mean i was thinking about that myself the second one is 20in deep which is more than mine but i should be able to work around it somehow, i think most people like the first one so i think ill go for that kinda style i will be adding my own bits too it tho and it wont look the same anyway its kinda impossible id say
thanks

It doesn't matter what other people think, do the one that you want to do. You're the one who'll have to live with it.

Back