• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which phone?

Upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S2 from an Iphone 3G.
Im sending it back! They're close to the mark on.some features and the extra size of the screen is great, but for overall use and ease, the Iphone is still my favoured choice.
:)

Really? I guess it is matter of preference. I never turned back on my 3G after Galaxy S2. Maybe if you are used to one user interface it is difficult for some to grasp another concept. Maybe you should think different :) Different I mean different than Apple :)

I've had my HTC Titan (Windows Phone 7) 4 weeks now and I'm really loving it. I initially found it difficult to get out of the Apple "bubble" (which I imagine is exactly what they want). I had all my email, calendar, contacts etc. with Apples MobileMe service and of course it doesn't work as well on none Apple devices as the email service isn't actually a push service, couldn't sync calendar or contacts. So I got everything transferred over to GMail and it all works a charm :)

I don't think I'll ever go back to an apple phone, unless they do something really special. I much prefer the slick WP7 interface, the beautiful typography and the content over chrome principle behind it.

Saying that people use things differently and at least we have a choice :)

For some reason my calender on my phone won't sync with my googlemail account grr. Also haven't figured out how to connect my phone with my pc and transfer files. It's also a bit annoying how the SII is different to my desire. Now if I could get an HTC phone that didn't break so often I would be happy!

Lisa_Perry75 said:
For some reason my calender on my phone won't sync with my googlemail account grr.

1. going to settings\application\manage applications\ switch to all tab\calendar and pressing clear data
2. going to settings\accounts and sync and syncing the account again

Nope still not working. There was two apps called Calendar and one called Calendar storage.

If I click a day in the month it comes up with:
Create event
Local calendar cannot sync with Googe calendar. You need a Google account.
(checkbox) Go to account and sync
(checkbox) Do not show again
(button) Ok
Select Go to account and sync and press ok, and my account is there set up to sync contacts Gmail and calendar :/

Hi guys,

My contract is up for renewal and I'm wondering what phone/network to go for. I had an HTC hero which was rubbish and died very quickly, now I have an HTC desire. I haven't been too impressed with it as often it thinks I'm swiping a direction when I'm not. So trying to do most things with it drive me mad, although this fault is intermittent. Plus if I select a conversation from my message history it quite often opens the wrong one, which can happen up to about 4 times before it opens the right one. Although, I haven't heard of anyone else having problems like this with their desire.

I was considering the HTC sensation, anyone have any experience with this phone? I am really not a fan of iTunes so I think I'd rather steer clear of an iPhone. I quite like how with my current phone I can use it as a storage device by drag and dropping files or sync if I want. Oh, I am currently on Orange but I am sick to the back teeth with them. I am thinking I'd like to move to Vodafone.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received :thumbup:

Do you want to switch over from HTC Desire to sensation? Its nice idea. I have HTC Sensation ( AT&T ). Its working really nice. I want to ask one question to you ? You have already mentioned that you want to move from orange to vodafone. Sometimes, your HTC gets locked after the contract period. So, you need to unlock it to use for Vodafone and other networks. Better, you can get unlocking service from your service provider or from any of the 3rd party service providers like Prounlocking.com to unlock it. Once, you have unlocked your HTC from locked network, you can easily swap from current network to any other GSM networks. I heard that Vodafone provides good customer support.

Ive got a nice android phone, though it was not as great like iphone and samsung note but im well satisfied. Just having issue with the size. Ive mistakenly bought a too big phone with the 5'2 inch.

Back