• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which plant shall i use?

aaronnorth

this is my tank:
P1010431-1.jpg

I am after a plant for the back left corner, i was thinking about java fern or 'narrow' as it will make the tank look bigger. I dont think C.Helferi or similar plant will go that well. Any suggestions?

I am planning on entering thjis into the AGA but i am not sure, it isnt doing to well at the mo.

thanks, Aaron

I think Narrow JF would work well. Other options might be narrow leaved Hygrophila spp. Maybe E.tenellus might work too depending on the size of the tank? Could help with making it look bigger?

I`m not sure Java fern will give you the effect you are after. I suspect it will just make the HM look even smaller.

IMO, everything you have so far is in nice proportion. Personally, I would leave the P. helferi as the largest leafed plant, and go for something like Micranthemum umbrosum or Rotala sp green. The Rotala would compliment the HM well, looking like a slightly larger version of it.

That`s not to say that there isn`t a place for narrow leaf Java fern in the scape. I am just not too sure it will work as you intend.

Dave.

Back