• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Powerhead

Ejack

I'm thinking of growing Glosso in my tank and understand that I need to have good circulation of CO2. After reading a few posts from people growing Glosso, looks like it may be worthwhile me investing in a powerhead to help circulate CO2 over the Glosso.
Question is which one to get? Am I ok in buying one from ebay like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000L-H-POWER-HEA ... 240%3A1318 or should I go for a Hydor if so which model Hydor: Koralia Nano, Koralia 1 or Koralia 2?

A lot of people seem to be liking the Hydor Koralia's at the moment. I've heard (but not experienced) that the flow from them doesn't feel that powerful, but it does turn the water over quite well.

Hopefully someone who's used one will be able to comment :) I've found the Nano and the Koralia 1 for £19.99 plus shipping online. Was tempted but couldn't justify it (was already spending too much :lol:)

I have a Koralia 1 and 2 and indeed they have quite a low velocity output but the turnover is huge, great bit of kit.

Steve, where did you see them £19.99?

JOHNNY

johnny70 said:
Steve, where did you see them £19.99?

I saw them here when I was ordering hydor external heaters (which are pretty cheap too!) Service was pretty good, delivery on the 2 hydor heaters and some filter pads was £3.75 (royal mail first class) although they came wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap and brown paper (no damage or anything).

http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk has them for £19.99

Just uncertain which to get a nano or a 1? I suppose more is best so am I right in thinking it's best to get a 1?

You'd be much better off with the 1 than nano.
I'd almost be tempted to try out the 2 on a tank that size, but I do like my flow! :rolleyes:

I have a Koralia Nano and a 1 in my tank, which is 125 liters, I still think I should have probably gone with a 2, might keep an eye on a 2 on ebay to see if I can get a cheap one to try it ;)

Back