• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which regulator + solenoid kit?

I've always used at least a short length of silicone tubing to connect the pump to rigid tubing to cut noise out if nothing else.
This would be easy to do if you wanted or needed to and would simply involve cutting the PVC you have then fitting a socket with a hose spigot on one end to your existing pipework - assuming you have the hose barbs for your pump that is.

This is exactly what I've got except the tube size is 25 OD and therefore the in-line reactors don't fit.

I am considering getting rid of the rigid PVC for normal aquarium tubing and then making a split using a reducer to 16/22 where I could fit the in-line atomizer. Would you say that this would be an improvement?

Right, it's all rigid, OD 25mm pipe, all the way from the pump to the spraybar.
This is exactly what I've got except the tube size is 25 OD and therefore the in-line reactors don't fit.
Make your mind up! :lol:

I've not come across your exact pump before I don't think so unsure what fittings are on the in/out; whether they are conventional threads or hose barb fittings; if so the sizes, an inlet guard etc.

If you have the option I would be tempted to feed the CO2 before the pump so it would get chopped up even more. To do this I would look at splitting the inlet to the pump with a 'Y' if this was possible which would then create 2x inlets which you could fit an inline reactor to both if needed. Does this make sense? This all depends on thread sizes on the pump, space in the sump and all sorts though.

Just bare in mind the area of your 25mm OD pipe (prob 22.5 ID) is 397.61 and the area of a 16mm pipe is 201.06 so not much over half the area

See what other people think.

The Co2 Art Pro SE is sadly not in stock :(

Is the Elite version worth it??

Aquarium Gardens have them mate, it shows no stock but you can still order, I got mine 2 days later :)

@Tommy @Andrew Butler

Thanks folks aquariumgardens shows the SE to be unavailable but maybe it's my location.

I went ahead and bought the Elite, fingers crossed it will work for me.

If you have the option I would be tempted to feed the CO2 before the pump so it would get chopped up even more. To do this I would look at splitting the inlet to the pump with a 'Y' if this was possible which would then create 2x inlets which you could fit an inline reactor to both if needed. Does this make sense? This all depends on thread sizes on the pump, space in the sump and all sorts though.

Yes this is what I will end up doing I think, but will have to swap out the PVC for flexible tubing as it will offer much more options.

swap out the PVC for flexible tubing as it will offer much more options.
Do you not have a short piece between your pump and rigid pipe? Maybe we are getting lost in language.
Everything you are doing is before the pump so it wouldn't matter unless you need to move the pump within the sump.

Do you not have a short piece between your pump and rigid pipe? Maybe we are getting lost in language.
Everything you are doing is before the pump so it wouldn't matter unless you need to move the pump within the sump.

Not lost in language :) Indeed there is a short 2" piece of flexible tubing between the pump and the PVC pipe.

IMG_20181104_213627.jpg

This is the pump

IMG_20181104_213609__01.jpg

I use it with a grid in the front, where the water is sucked in, on which I fixed the co2 tube. The pump comes with various adapters so I might be able to fit a flexible tube.

Not sure if you can see the mist in the picture below. I did get some green water since I started with co2 (it's been 4 days already)

IMG_20181104_213651.jpg

Thank you!

Not lost in language :) Indeed there is a short 2" piece of flexible tubing between the pump and the PVC pipe.
I didn't see it in the picture so thought I had misunderstood what you said; 2" piece of flexi is very short!

Just had a look at the Jecod / Jebao DCP-10000 now I know the exact model and from what I can see it comes with solvent weld connectors but the smallest is 25mm which I guess is what you're using already, there is mention of hose barb connectors too but that information varies.

What exactly do you now want to achieve now? - thread seems to have gone a bit off track (partly my fault) and just wondering if you are looking to change things and if so how now!

What exactly do you now want to achieve now? - thread seems to have gone a bit off track (partly my fault) and just wondering if you are looking to change things and if so how now!

You are right, thread has gone off track. I have ordered the Pro-Elite (not yet delivered) so I'm thinking how I can optimize the co2 distribution and uptake in my tank. Thank you for all the advice and for taking an interest!

Back