• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which regulator??

howardish

Hi all,

I currently have a JBL Easy set 2 which i got cheaply with enough supplies to last about 4 months.

I am thinking of changing to FE as i can see the cost will mount if i keep buying the 500g cylinders for £15 each month. I have read all about the Diy FE route and am pretty ok with it.

The only decision i have to make now is...which reg do i go for?

I can see many people have the Aquatic magic one off of ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Regulator-Ele ... 286.c0.m14

This seems the best deal as most of the bits are included, except tubing and the FE obviously.

I have also read a few problems with the solenoid going wrong...are these frequent enough among users to avoid buying one?

Sorry for the rant...just want to make it clear enough :)

Thanks,
Howard

OMG, how have i not heard of that before?! :lol:

and that will work connecting it to a fire extinguisher? im guessing it does but it doesnt have the measurements of the adaptor on it. Might email Richard.

Thanks so much, youv just saved me -counts fingers- loads!

You can get the disposable bottles cheaper from Welders Warehouse. These hold more CO2 than the standard ones and cost £30 for 3. I use them as they fit in the new Juwel cabinets nicely IMO.

Hmm, that is a very good option ed..thanks, never knew they did those.

do you have experience of using these with the JBL reg? they look almost identical to the JBL bottles so cant see much of a problem.

Thanks again. Howard :)

howardish said:
do you have experience of using these with the JBL reg? they look almost identical to the JBL bottles so cant see much of a problem.

I have an aquili Co2 reg, which I use with a convertible adapter (not JBL, but it looks identical) and a fire extinguisher.
It all works well.

I also have a JBL reg (which I bought as my aquili reg does not have any gauges on it, so I don't know when my bottle is running out other than by lifting it, feeling the weight, and guessing! which I am getting quite good at doing :lol: ).

I haven't used the JBL reg yet, but I will aim to try it out within the next week and report back here if it works OK with the adapter and FE.

Ah excellent, as i said i have about 4months supply of co2 so im not in a rush at the moment.

As for now you can be my guinea pig and report back :lol:

Seriously though thanks, i look forward to hearing how it goes.

Howard

I missed the fact that you had 4 months supply left! In that case I might take nearer a couple of weeks ;)
I'll definitely let you know though, and as I have all the parts already I am happy to be the guinea pig 8)

howardish said:
Hmm, that is a very good option ed..thanks, never knew they did those.

Thanks again. Howard :)

Yep! I've got an Easy 2 kit and use those with it. Works great. For my 180l tank I use a bottle about every 3 months or so. I'm injecting about 2 bps.

Back