• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which Super Glue

BarryH

Read in a couple of posts on here and seen YT videos where super glue is used to fix mosses onto branch wood. Can I ask if I need a special type of super glue and does any work?

Also, in the same vein, does the branchwood (Red Moor) need to be wet when I attach the moss?

You can pretty much use any gel type super glue. It's best since it stays where it's put and doesn't run like the regular type.

Avoid gorillaglue, my moss never does very well when I've used this brand and I think a few other folk have noticed that as well.
I find it's best to spray or soak the wood first. But it doesn't really matter so long as you keep the moss moist once attached.

Another tip that works well, is to chop the moss in to tiny bits about 5-10mm and use the glue liberally where you want the moss to attach. That way it'll grow and cover the wood evenly sooner and need less trimming. Take a look at Jurijs' video...

I found the high viscosity stuff from tool station to be pretty good for the price... it’s not the most ‘gel’ like out there but it’s £2.65 for 50g bottle and it doesn’t drip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the high viscosity stuff from tool station to be pretty good for the price... it’s not the most ‘gel’ like out there but it’s £2.65 for 50g bottle and it doesn’t drip.

Thanks for the help. I'll take a look on Tool Station.

Thanks for the help. I'll take a look on Tool Station.

They do sell both a thick and a thin variant so watch out for which you get. The HV version will be less messy.

So they dont leak any chemicals or stuff into the aquariums?The thing is nasty to get on yr hands tho be careful.

Back