• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which tropica plant nutrition version?

jimbo

To + or not to +?
I'll be setting up a 30 liter cube planted tank at some point soon? I was going to go for plant nutrition + version initially as an all in one solution for a low tech setup. I have very high nitrates in my tapwater which is a ground water source.
I was getting readings of 50ppm when I use to test the water for my tropical community tank.

I don't really trust test kits as they can be easily misinterpreted by human limitations & thats also assuming there accurate in the 1st place.

I looked at the water report analysis for my area & they have nitrate readings of 35ppm. They also mention on the site they add phosphates to the tap water to protect older pipe work from corrossion, although they don't specify the amount of phosphates in the water.

Tropica plant nutrtion + has nitrates & phosphates the non + version does not although it still contains one macro potassium. I'm thinking now maybe I should go for the none plus version & then maybe getting some phosphate ferts in powder form just in case theres not enough added to the water already.
With fish load added I might not need either of them? The more I read the more i'm unsure on what direction to go?

Thanks for your time.

aaronnorth said:
it depends on the lighting. if it is high light/ high tech then you will need +
if it is low tech then thenormal version will be fine.

what wattage are you planning on having?

I'll be using the light that came with the tank which is a wave solaris 18watt tropical lamp. The tank is only 30 liters.
I was going for a low tech setup but also using excel for awhile after using an emersed start just to get the growth of a hairgrass lawn in the range a want it in.

I read that in smaller nano tanks the wpg rule breaks down weather low tech or high tech & that you need higher wpg in general.

jimbo said:
aaronnorth said:
it depends on the lighting. if it is high light/ high tech then you will need +
if it is low tech then thenormal version will be fine.

what wattage are you planning on having?

I'll be using the light that came with the tank which is a wave solaris 18watt tropical lamp. The tank is only 30 liters.
I was going for a low tech setup but also using excel for awhile after using an emersed start just to get the growth of a hairgrass lawn in the range a want it in.

I read that in smaller nano tanks the wpg rule breaks down weather low tech or high tech & that you need higher wpg in general.

I should think the standard version would suffice :thumbup:

I should think the standard version would suffice :thumbup:[/quote]

I'll give it a bash then. Thanks for the responses.

Back