• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which type of CO2 system poll?

What type of pressurised CO2 distrubution would you use on a 200l tank?

• 1. In tank Glass/cermaic diffuser

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • 2. Inline type diffuser with external filter

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 3. External Reactor

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 4. other

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

andyh

I am interested in seeing what the UKAPS massive deems as the most suitable type of CO2 distribution is for a 200 litre planted tank?

Please feel free to comment and explain your reasons. :geek:

Thanks

Andyh

i am using the hagen elite mini filter as a diffuser. this is working great, i get a fine mist all over the tank...

The cheap CO2 Atomizer (external inline ceramic misting, search ebay for it) is an incredible CO2 bomb machine. Anyone should give it a try

Sadely, I never could compare it to my external AM1000 on my 230L as I stopped the tank before I start the experiment. Based on what I see in my 12 gal + people reports, coupled with a powerful filter, it will beat most CO2 systems + absolute silence

andyh said:
Please feel free to comment and explain your reasons. :geek: Andyh

External reactor all the way for me.
IMO\E this is the most efficient method of getting co2 into the tank.
I'd DIY it so that I can get greater capacity and include a venturi loop in the design.
Make it large enough and you get 100% dissolved co2 coming out your spraybar\lily :geek:

Interesting :)

I presume that is because the mist can be used to 'hit' the plant with.
Would you say that is about right?
Tell me more :)

i use the Up Atomizer which creates a fine mist and have done for almost a year now. The mist is very effective and i agree they use less CO2. However there downside is that you have to deal with the mist in your tank. Which has a visual impact, currently the last 2 hours of my lights on time is without the mist and i am often surprised by how clear my water actually can be. Hence my reasons for considering a reactor instead.

water clarity is my reason for going the reactor route too!

Hopefully get pretty good dissolution too :)

I didn't vote because I don't know enough to say which is most effective, from an aesthetics point of view though I would prefer no bubbles in my tank if I could but my set up doesn't allow me to do it without a fair bit of expense being a systematised tank. When I get sorted out I would have total diffusion without mists/bubbles in the tank regardless of which is the most effective.

when i swapped out my up diffuser for pumping co2 straight into a filter i had to adjust the co2 levels down as next day the drop checker had turned yellow (first time ever managed to do that) and fish were gasping?

Using an cheap small internal interpet ph mini filter, with the co2 fed into it. The impeller does a great job of chopping up the co2, and I get a lovely fine mist.

Back