• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White Algae or Fungus??

Kam Sandhu

Hi all,

I have this growing on my java moss....

fungus1.jpg

fungus2.jpg

No matter how much I clean it off it grows back. Its on my wood and java moss.

I think its fungus, I've had it for weeks, its relentless.

How do I get rid off it? It doesnt grow anywhere else in the tank, only here.

Looks like its off the wood and your moss looks healthy maybe scrub were you can with old toothbrush on the wood .Is the wood old and well soaked previously.I think it might be harmless and go away with time

Looks like its off the wood and your moss looks healthy maybe scrub were you can with old toothbrush on the wood .Is the wood old and well soaked previously.I think it might be harmless and go away with time

Hi, yes the plants seem to be fine. However I have scrubbed it off countless times but always grows back by the next day. It's been like this for three weeks. Always spreading.

Maybe someone will come in on this Kam ,providing the wood is aquarium safe I would think as said it will disappear eventually. Looks like Oak

hi there, I occasionally get it on my new redmoor roots, just siphon off with water changes it will eventually go some pieces go quicker than others.

Back