• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White cube 123

Some updates, this tank is a b#tch to get a good colorrendition from.

13723416303_a123fefd83_b.jpg

13723378645_2502a2e0e9_h.jpg

13723772084_62aa7da0e4_h.jpg

13723375455_4b92202059_h.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1396987971][/DOUBLEPOST]13724052314_0af002134a_b.jpg

Man i swear i am gonna get a greycard just for this tank alone:mad:

Last edited:
The fish are happy, the crypts are slowly growing, just doing some 10 liter waterchanges once a week, adding evaporated water, ferts once a week and 6 hours light. Just waiting and seeing if i can do these low tech tanks,....:angelic:
I added the moss on wood for the shrimps, so shrimplets have a small chance to survive.

Try setting the colour temp manually. You'll never get an accurate grey card reading from a fish tank.

Quick update. Virtualy no algae, all plants look good, i just need to get used to the smallish size of the crypts i guess, never had them in 25 years.
Only the one in the back should be bigger i think (i believe it to be C. balansae) these should realy grow big i thought. Little growth in the last months, so either they need lots of ferts, or i am doing something wrong.
I use 20 cc from the liter i make for the big tank once a week, substrate is just clean river sand over a patch of pondsoil.
The java ferns are still in their plastic pot, not sure if they stay in there, or go to one of the black water tanks. Fish are fine, i put in 20 young amano's (i couldnt get them bigger) to grow out to be transported to the big tank, they grow fast. The small shrimps that where in there are putting out shrimplets (some kind of mini japonica), i see them survive, so the fish are not going for those, or they have plenty hidingspots.

14296448078_7610aefe42_b.jpgWhite cube 22062014 by Edvet, on Flickr

You can see the shrimp in post #26, doesn't look the same for me, but hard to tell. (google mini japonica: i can't seem to find a species name or origin)
The Stiphodon do bury themselves under the stones, but in my case, sand and large river rocks/pebles i haven't encountered a problem. They seem to create some hideout under an edge, but don't move enough material to dislodge any of my stones. This might be due to the size of the stones (large) or the substrate (sand) which doesn't make it easy to do large excavations without falling "back".

Last edited:
Back