• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White cube 123

Growth has been good:
15247366744_7a9f730d4f_b.jpgwhite cube 24-11-14 by Edvet, on Flickr
(the colourmanagment on pics from this tank is hell, hence some artefacts, plants are clean there is no BGA in this tank even as the pic seems to show it)
I did manage to kill the snails and almost all shrimp. probably with an overdose of micro's. 2 amano's remain, will eventually add some more.

Last edited:
Looks ace.Them plants have really taken off.
It takes a while for the roots to get a good anchoring into the dirt, and when they do,,they fly away!
What's the cyrpt at the back left? balansae?

This tank has become a shrimp multiplying station:
20181026_154855.jpg

Macropodium brasiliense:

Not directly. I had my first batch in a smaller tank, they did reproduce, but i killed them with to much feed ( i guess). These i got from a guy who bought from the same dealer original, he''s a shrimp guy and bred them too. I bought a batch from him ( mixed with all kind of smaller ones, cherry''s, black ones, blue ones, all low grade) and these have been reproducing too. Tank is full of plants so i find it hard to see, but if i shine a light at night i see at least a hunderd.
From that second batch i threw 10 large ones in the 400 gallon. I saw one two days ago, thats 3 months after i added them:p
Plan is to add large adults when i see enough of them.
But they were easy to breed.
The guy i got them of said "nobody" wants them because they are afraid they would attack (smaller) fish. I am not worried about that.

Going well so far ED? Regarding the Balansae, I tend to find they do most of their growing under the substrate for quite a while before they get going above. Once they have enough root system they are the perfect big plant for low tech. I've pulled them before thinking they were going no where just really small plants and the root structure was all over the tank. They just need time but once they get going they are a great texture plant. They don't throw out many new leaves often mind you but the ones they have will just keep growing and growing.

Back