• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

white droplets on glass after using gorilla super glue gel

jth12

Seedling
hi i used some gel type gorilla superglue to attach quite alot of small pieces of wood to rocks in my nano aquarium.
i can now see that the glass inside the aquarium has some white dried droplets residue and is foggy
does superglue off gas as it cures, what is this?
i will upload some pictures later if that would help

Last edited:
Superglue is a resin and it cures by chemical reaction with moisture and when the environment you use it in is extremely moist or wet the resin will turn white in colour... This is somewhat inevitable using it in an aquarium... On hardscape, it will look a little unsightly for a few weeks, but then after a while, it will be covered with aufwuchs and you no longer see it.

What's on the glass you can scrape off gently with a (Stanley) glass scraper...

the aqaurium is new and completely dry.
im not referring to the super glue turning white.
what I'm referring to is after i have superglued the hardscape the glass has completey fogged. it looks like dry condensation. I don't understand is it normal for glass to completely fog after super has been used

this is how it looks

Attachments

• IMG_2910.jpeg
    IMG_2910.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
the aquarium was previously a DSM and i used hard water to mist it. however took the dsm down as i did not like the look of it.

i cleaned off the hard water stains with a razor and wiped it down with hard water and paper towels. these stains were not visible before the super glue was used and the glass was dry

im not sure if the super glue reacted with what ever dry residue was on the glass
any help appreciated .

i used the super glue came back a few hours later and the glass looked like the photo

Sorry I don’t have any suggestions but I’m wondering how this is looking now?

Back