• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White growth on wood and plants

Josh0308

Seedling
I have recently set up a new tank, and my first aquascape. The tank has been running for about a week now and the wood has got a coating of cloudy white stuff (for want of another word to call it). It’s also starting to cover some plants that are attached to the wood, but wondered is this normal or is it the beginning of problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much

I plan to get some amano shrimp this week so we’ll soon see

Just come out thé other side of this fungus/ sap took about 3 weeks to clear, my amano shrimp didn't really touch it, as gas been said Syphon it off or use an old toothbrush, some tends to come back but eventually it all stays away.

I have managed to syphon some off during water changes. I also got some amano shrimp and some cherry’s and neither have touched it, they just keep eating the moss cotton I’ve used to tie the epiphytes to the wood! Keep coming down to floating plants which is getting a bit tedious, any ideas how long it takes them to grab ahold?

Back