• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White mould/film on driftwood?

Lee Sweeting

Hi, i have just set up my first planted tank, its been running for 4 days and i have just noticed a white mould/film on one of the drift wood pieces. I know this is not uncommon but i was hoping someone could give me some advice on the best way of dealing with it? I've tried to take a picture of it below (it's not to clear) so you can see what i'm talking about. Any advice would be appreciated.

VZ7hYSB.jpg

Yea, although unsightly it's nothing to worry about, and Amanos have a great time with it. Took a good couple of months for it to disappear when I last used a piece of large new bogwood.

Yea, although unsightly it's nothing to worry about, and Amanos have a great time with it. Took a good couple of months for it to disappear when I last used a piece of large new bogwood.

Thanks Rick, i'll use a toothbrush to remove it and siphon it off as i go. As soon as the tank is cycled i'll introduce a good few amano's and oto's.

I have the same and waiting for my otos to make a meal from it... :)

Back