• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

white spots on cardinal tetras

tanker

hi all,
this happened a few weeks back. What happened was I overdosed the CO2 for a too long period. almost half of the cardinal tetras died, while the remaining had white spots on their bodies. each fish had about 6 or 7 small but visible spots on their bodies. i forgot to inspect the dead ones. is this a sign of CO2 poisoning? is it same for other fish or is it just for cardinal tetras.
after a few days, the white spots were gone. and the fish were mostly healthy again.

where on the body were the pale spots?
neon tet disease- saddle type postion below dorsal fin
many encysted parasites may cause palour in musculature

would have expected acidosis to cause more widespread rather than focal changes ... can double check the books if no one else has an answer

Maybe the spots were simply area of pale colour that became more apparent due to the stress of the fish due to the CO2 overdose? I wouldn't have expected Neon Tetra disease to sort itself out like that in a few days. Whitespot manifest as lots of tiny white spots smaller than pin heads usually.

Back