White Spots

SunnyP

I have just found white spots all over the bogwood in my tank today. Not sure what they are exactly but I have seen an increasing number of snails on the glass over the last week. I have a pic to show what the white spots look like.

IMG_0282.jpg

Any suggestions on what these white spots are would be greatly appreciated.

SunnyP

Sorry for the late reply. Cheers for the info on the white spots.

I found more are appearing and the loaches are failing to their daily chores. I have added a pic of the snails appearing. It is on the end of the thermometer.

IMG_0304.jpg

enviroman

They look like nerite snail eggs to me too , but the snail in the picture looks like a type of ramshorn to me.
Here is a pciture of a zebra nerite, I had lots of white eggs in my tank after I added three of them.

SunnyP

I haven't seen any nerite snails wandering about just ramshorn snails. Most of the ones i have seen are small newly hatched ramshorns ( the shell is still quite soft and colours have not fully pigmented).

Not seeing a huge increase at the moment. Just the same ones wandering about.

Superman

I have a problem with ramshorn snails myself, I go hunting twice a day (once in the morning and on an evening) to try and get rid of them. It's difficult to get rid and I've not managed it myself.