• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

White water mould in filter?

Ash J

Hi guys,
I've been running a 40L nano tank for a couple weeks now that has a "3 stage filter" built in. This comprises of a full compartment of a medium filter foam with some filter floss at the top where the the inlet flow comes in. Second compartment is full of Seachem matrix with a bag of purigen on top. This then flows into the compartment where the heater is and subsequently the compartment where the pump/outlet is.
There's is no surface agitation at all on the surface where pump/heaters are.

I've noticed there is a white fungus growing on the outlet pipe (see pic) and when I agitate the water in this compartment there is what I can only describe as small tissue like particles which leads me to suspect its white water mould.
I've been doing frequent 30% water changes and water parameters so far have been spot on.
Has anyone come across this before and if so will it have a detrimental impact on the tank long term?

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_134441.jpg
    IMG_20220211_134441.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 168
Back