• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Whitespot advice for large tank with lots of scaleless fish.

Katfish

I have come home tonight to find my 4 western rainbow with white spots on them so to me its the dreaded whitespot.

Due to the time I got home nowhere is open to get any meds from.

I am in the process of raising the temp to 28c and looking to get some meds tomorrow the problem I have is that I have lots of scale-less fish which are not good with meds.

I have read up lots on ESHA EXIT for the planted tank and it seems one of the best to use on a planted tank but I can not find out anything about scale-less fish safe/not safe.

Can somebody advise on this please as this is a 1st for me.

Re: Whitespot advice for large tank with lots of scaleless f

Esha Exit was fine with my loaches and bristlenose. I did have to use two courses though.

One thing I could not find out was how long before I do a w/c on the tank once I have dosed.
This is how I am doing it
50% WC then dose day 1 (Wed)
Dose day 2 (Thur)
Dose day 3 (Fri)

So how many days do I have to leave it after the last dose before I can do a W/C ?

If you can still see spots 24 hrs after the last dose you will need to dose again. Before dosing I used to clean off the top of the substrate as well. If you have no spots are 48 hrs then do your normal water change.

Back