• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who has a motorbike?

My baby :angelic:

Won't be getting much use out of her any time soon as I dislocated my collarbone playing rugby on Saturday :twisted:

TriumphDaytona600.jpg

Christie_ZXR said:
cheebs said:
I tend to disagree slightly on the "get experiance on a small bike first" standpoint.

I defo see your point, but what about little bikes being more forgiving? (Maybe not as applicable to rs125s! lol.) But something like a cg125 isn't as likely to chuck you off if you muck up your gearchanges, or throttle control or even braking as something like my ninja is. Muck up your clutch control on that and she will chuck you off! :lol: I agree, you can't get out of the way as fast, and its a good safety net to be able to. But on the flip side, it means you've got to learn how to avoid getting into situations where you'd need to get out of the way fast.

Tbh, I think it depends entirely on who's riding and how good they are with the basics. Someone who's got the hang of the controls straight away would probs be fine on an intensive. Someone who hasn't probably wouldn't.

Plus the intensives can be silly money!! My test cost me a whopping 50 odd quid plus £20 for the theory. Didn't half wind me up when I did my car test recently, I had to do another theory! And it was £35. And I'm now limited to a total of 6 points again :twisted: (Not that I've got any! But that's irrelevant. It's the principle!)

I also see your point... In the end, its a personal thing weather you feel better on a big or small bike.

From a personal standpoint, I had some roadcraft by passing my car test 2 or 3 years before thinking about learning to ride. I had mucked about on bikes in fields etc as a youth... not much, but a little. So I had possibly a bit more experiance than some. I would guess that the majority of bikers get thier bike licence after thier car.

From my perspective, you can get yourself in trouble just as easily with a small bike verses a big bike. any new bike has the potential to spit you in the hedge, no matter what size it is, just because you might not be used to the biting point, or you dont know how effective the rear break is, or any numbher of other possibities. The thing is, if you are on a big bike, you have more tools at your disposal to get yourself out of trouble. At legal speeds, a 4 pot fully floating front breaking system is going to be much more effective than a single pot, maybe even single sided system, even if it has to stop less weight.

Here's a few of mine.

My first 1000cc sidecar in 2009
SGM.png

My second 1000cc sidecar in 2010
Steer.jpg

My 1st 500cc sidecar in 2011 on the left, my race partner's sidecar on the right
500Sidecar.png

My 250 Grasstrack bike
250grassbike.jpg

My 125 MX bike
125.jpg

These are my excuse for a lack of posting recently!
www.performance-world.co.uk

Quality Dan! You must be a fudging headcase to get on those sidecar outfits lol. :D

cheebs said:
Quality Dan! You must be a fudging headcase to get on those sidecar outfits lol. :D
They are pretty crazy, i've been hurt A LOT over the last few years :lol: I'm actually a better passenger that I am a rider, I can't be trusted with the throttle coz this happens, A LOT!
GrassTrackingJune1417.jpg

4576295952_60c4f78c33_b.jpg

Piece-of-fish said:
They do look sexy when clean Dan :D
Cheers, Ed. You know me, even if i'm gonna be rolling around in the mud, I at least like to look good LOL

Ouch! I certainly dont doubt that youve been hurt, ive seen you nutters before! :lol:

I used to know a bloke who raced sidecars on the black stuff. He was a blooming headcase too :lol: Loved the bum sliders the passengers have to have :clap:

Well were drawing near the start of Moto GP 2012 Just 8 Weeks Away

Wanted to take a second to remember two great fallen talents,
phpaRv243_c1AM.jpg
IT17_04_teamgresinisimoncelliportrait_200x200_rdax_100.jpg

Shoya Tomizawa's (Left)
Marco Simoncelli (Right)

Looking forward the first race @ COMMERCIALBANK GRAND PRIX OF QATAR 8th April 2012

Back to 1000cc this year lets see what Ducati and The Doctor can do this year

Ducati 1000cc GP12 Prototype
rossi_gp12_d3_sepang_1.jpg

Were just have to wait till 8th April as Ducati have announced the new GP12 Desmosedici will not be officially unveiled so were just have to wait till the first race to see this years bike

Hi,
I thought I would show not mine but my husband’s bike. It is a Triumph Tiger, the last pre-injected model with custom wheels. Semi-race exhaust, PIAA spot lights, sat nav, etc, etc.
I don’t ride myself but I am a very good passenger – I apparently took naturally to the correct positioning when riding. It is sad he did not go out on the bike recently at all... I truly love the “beast”...
v_images.php

my own bike
a naked/fighter Yamaha FZR 600 '91
2011-05-27190215-1.jpg

my ex honda NX650 i had for 1 hour before it went dead (broken valve, went straight through the piston)
2011-03-08130514.jpg

me on a trialbike
tribal2.jpg

Used to have a great little NC30 till some idiot drove up the wrong side of the road looking for a parking spot : (
I want a new one but money is tight at the moment

Snap, my ZX6R was stolen at the end of 2010. :( I'm on my new one now though. Seemed to be a spate of it then, 2 of my friends zx6s went in the same week.

Weathers picking up for riding now :D

i loved my nc30. 1989 registered. Amazing little thing. I crashed it head on into a ford sierra:( rebuilt it then sold it for a zxr750. In original pink and purple! Now i have a lime green zx636 and it is UTTERLY BRILLIANT. But i never will forget my nc 30. Or my Aprillia rs125. Fell apart like i cheap watch. But that smell...

I think my next bike is gonna be something completely bonkers....... no shopping baskets or bells tho, I'm crazy but I ain't that crazy 0o.
What ever I get I will always miss Sharlene

NC.jpg

she is a beaut! Love the single sided swinging arm. Those round headlights. The whine of the v4.... Think i am going to cry....

Would you believe that when that was taken she was 15 years old.
I wasn't allowed a motorbike for about 5 years because my ex was a ***** *** ***, so when we broke up I drove all the way down to Stoke on Trent to buy this bike.
About a month later my ex wanted to reconcile and I was just about to say yes when she said "but you gotta get rid of the bike" not seen the ex since, lmao.

ah yes. been there with the girlfriend from hell... bikes are in my blood. Honda are supreme for build quality. my nc was 14 years old when i bought it for 2500 pounds and in mint condition.

Back