• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who is dosing what and how much?

amritc1

Hi all,
I am using only
Ferts: Easy Life Profito 2ml everyday in 400l tank.
Co2: Yes, 5-10 bubbles a second or more.
Only started recently.

What do you guys use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most folk use the estimated index system = EI.
There are hundreds of threads on here about using EI, a few people find some reason not to use the method but generally speaking it is a very popular and safe method that will guarantee that your plants receive every single fert there require.
Cheap and easy to use .......

+1 to the EI method. Guaranteed to work and is the most simplest method to use.

EI quantities, but as my TMC auto doser can dose 24 times a day, but must dose every day, I divided my total weekly dose by 7, then configured it to dose Macro at 17:00 and Micro at 05:00 to try and space out the doses rather than dose alternate days. I don't get the rest day, but do the usual 50% water change on a Sunday.

High-energy, when it's running, TNC Complete - at least 2mls per day in a 60 litre tank.
Low-energy maybe 2 mls per week or none at all, if I'm doing things the Walstad way.

TNC Complete and Carbon. Do full recommended dose on water change and 2-4ml a day on the fert and 5ml of carbon for 125L. No issues here. Most of the time i just gauge it not measure.

Hi all,
A pinch of KNO3 here and there with a little trace as I see fit plus plenty of fish food... I'm running slowish tanks though
Much the same for me, I've only dosed FeEDTA as a micro, and I've used a very small amount of off the shelf "Miracle-Gro" 24-8-16 that I bought remaindered at Wilko's ~3 years ago (warning contains urea), when the Frogbit was looking a bit anaemic.

I've also mixed a bit more tap water (about 17dKH) into my water changes to get the tanks to ~100 microS conductivity (65ppm TDS), mainly because the rain-water has had very low conductivity this winter.

cheers Darrel

Back