• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who needs plants, anyway!?

First no CO2, and now no plants. You are in serious danger of being booted of this forum, sir. :lol:

Dave.

saintly said:
f/1.0 eh?.... ;) who's showing off now then....great depth mate.

but iso 400?....1/400 ? surely with that speed George you could muster up a shot with iso 100? 8)
Not sure where/how you got that info mate. But thanks anyway. :D

It's 17mm, f/2.8, 1/400, ISO 800. Taken with my trusted 17-70mm Sigma. The noise difference is virtually indistinguishable up to ISO 800, so I'm just lazy most of the time and fire away at ISO 800.

I wish I could afford an f/1.0 lens...! lol

Dave Spencer said:
First no CO2, and now no plants. You are in serious danger of being booted of this forum, sir. :lol:

Dave.
He he. Don't worry mate, I've still got my nano planted up and intend on getting a big 180cm opti-white NA-style in the longer-term.

George Farmer said:
Fred Dulley said:
Marine eh? Strive for no nitrates or phosphate this time :D
Love the pic btw.
Nah. Macroalgae loves 'em!

Ah. Didn't realising you were opting for some macroalgae. My mistake :D
I've never taken the plunge into marine (money), but looking after them at the LFS has been a joy!

Looks quality mate, i can't wait to see it in the flesh.

George Farmer said:
Better hurry mate! I'm on to the next one soon... :)
How long you going to keep each setup going for? Just for some photos and the learning curve?

George Farmer said:
saintly said:
Right click properties George. It gave me the shooting data of the image
Weird. It's wrong data when you do that. PCs eh?! :p

If you copy the image to CS3>File>File Info>Camera Data 1 then you'll get the real data, as I posted.

I got the same as you Mark, but once downloaded i got the "correct" information :!:

aaronnorth said:
George Farmer said:
saintly said:
Right click properties George. It gave me the shooting data of the image
Weird. It's wrong data when you do that. PCs eh?! :p

If you copy the image to CS3>File>File Info>Camera Data 1 then you'll get the real data, as I posted.

I got the same as you Mark, but once downloaded i got the "correct" information :!:
You can't trust Windows... lol

I actually checked the EXIF info straight away and also spotted the f1.0 but thought it as an error as I never saw george mention a new lens, and f1.0!! But that DOF couldn't be f1.0 really, then again I naver had a f1.0 lens :p my best one is 2.8

George Farmer said:
Canon used to do a 50mm f/1.0 but replaced it with the f/1.2 in 1989. Retail was $2500 way back then.

One of Canon's best lenses is the 85mm f/1.2. One day maybe... Along with a FF sensor.
a girl at college has one of the 85mm 1.2L's which i tried the other week, instantly fell in love with the DOF for portraits!

The bokeh should be quality, too!

Dave.

Back